Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dominion: Base Cards» Forums » General

Subject: How to use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I just bought this so I will be able to play up to six player.

I have Dominion, Dominion Seaside and Dominion Prosperity.
So I thought that this base card set would be perfect for me to use when playing with more then 4 player.

So my qustion is, becouse there were no paper telling my how to use it.
Do I put in all the cards when playing with 5 and 6 player, and when I want to play with 2-4 again I just take these out of the deck?

(they all have different artwork then regular base cards so it very easy do separate them).

Thanks for the help =)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 5 or 6, use all the basic Treasure cards; so 120 Copper, 80 Silver, and 60 Gold.

With 5, add 10 Curses; with 6, add another 10.

With 5, add 3 Estates (that player 5 gets) and Provinces (so there are 15 in the pile); with 6, do that again - 3 Estates to player 6 and 12 in the pile plus 3 more Provinces so there are 18 in the pile.

The rules for doing this are in the book for Dominion: Intrigue which you can download from BGG or Rio Grande Games' web site.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
If you have 5 or 6, use all the basic Treasure cards; so 120 Copper, 80 Silver, and 60 Gold.

With 5, add 10 Curses; with 6, add another 10.

With 5, add 3 Estates (that player 5 gets) and Provinces (so there are 15 in the pile); with 6, do that again - 3 Estates to player 6 and 12 in the pile plus 3 more Provinces so there are 18 in the pile.

The rules for doing this are in the book for Dominion: Intrigue which you can download from BGG or Rio Grande Games' web site.

Hmm okey. I just read the rules in the intrigue rulebook. But they dident say anything about adding treasure cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
Hmm okey. I just read the rules in the intrigue rulebook. But they dident say anything about adding treasure cards.
At the top of page 7 is the section "Rules for playing with more than 4 players". This is the English edition rulebook, FWIW.

In that section is this sentence:
Dominion: Intrigue Rules wrote:

To set up for 5 or 6 players, combine the Treasure cards from Dominion and Dominion: Intrigue.


I forgot this rule too:
Quote:
In a 5 or 6 player game, the game ends at the end of any player’s turn when one of two conditions is met: the Supply pile of Province cards is empty OR any 4 Supply piles are empty.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
Tolchock wrote:
Hmm okey. I just read the rules in the intrigue rulebook. But they dident say anything about adding treasure cards.
At the top of page 7 is the section "Rules for playing with more than 4 players". This is the English edition rulebook, FWIW.

In that section is this sentence:
Dominion: Intrigue Rules wrote:

To set up for 5 or 6 players, combine the Treasure cards from Dominion and Dominion: Intrigue.


I forgot this rule too:
Quote:
In a 5 or 6 player game, the game ends at the end of any player’s turn when one of two conditions is met: the Supply pile of Province cards is empty OR any 4 Supply piles are empty.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.