Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sought some clarity on this and got a very quick reply that caused an update to the tournament rules...

QUESTION:
Quote:
Rule Question:
When counting for weak-side-wins, do timed win and timed ties count? From the current wording of the Tournament document I would say no but I wanted to check and make sure I am reading it right.

"If time is called and neither player has achieved victory in the current game, then play continues until both players have completed one turn. If victory has still not been achieved after the final turn, then no one wins the game and the player with the highest number of agenda points gains 1 prestige. If players have the same number of agenda points, they each gain 1 prestige."

Thank you,

Bryan Blumklotz

ANSWER:
Quote:
Bryan,

Thanks for the quesiton. Timed wins are wins, and so they do count for weak-side-wins. We released an update to the tournament rules (1.4.1) that makes this more explicit:
Android Netrunner Tournament Rules

"If victory has still not been achieved after the final turn, then the player with the highest number of agenda points gets a modified win and gains 1 prestige."

--
Lukas Litzsinger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
yep, we already know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:

And yet I missed that thread... sigh. I am usually up on all rulings, I am slipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, the real question is how an outstanding TO such as yourself was still running around with Tournament Rules 1.4.

1.4.1 was released within 12 hours of 1.4 with the new wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah well, that new wording wasn't clear at all, Lukas had to explain what a 'modified win' is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad thing is, the guys writing this stuff are native English speakers... Granted it's Minnesota...

You would think that when they introduce a new term to the game (in this case "modified win") you would explain it explicitly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.