Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrique Morodo
Mexico
Puebla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I looked a bit for the answer to this questions and couldn't find anything.

I want to know a couple of things about hand-offs. I don't think it is said on the rules, buy I implied that you can only do it once per turn, or is it possible to, let say, one runner sprints moving one space entering the killzone of a teammate caring the ball, take the ball form him, then moving a couple of spaces and handing the ball to another teammate?

Also it says on the rules that hand-offs are made while taking the moving part of the action (before talking or attacking). In the case of an sprint action, I don't know how to interpret this, on your last movement (the 5th one) are you allowed to make or take a hand-off?

Finally, during contest, it is possible to play tactical or cheating cards, which count as dead cards. If I were to play a cheating card not for its action, but as the contest card it gets burned, after period ends, do I still have to pay a bribe for it, or since I played it without actually doing "cheating" bit I don't have to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
On Hand-Offs, page 14:

Quote:

If the active figure is carrying the ball, at any point during its movement it can do a hand-off, passing the ball to a teammate in its killzone.

If the active figure moves into the killzone of a teammate who has the ball, it can take a hand-off from that teammate. The active figure can’t do a hand-off or take a handoff after it has performed its full action (either steal the ball, tackle or attack), it must occur during its
movement.

Hand-offs don’t cost anything; you don’t have to stop moving and you can still perform your action afterwards.

So you could take a hand off and give a hand off with each movement. Heck, while I haven't done so, I've always assumed you could hand the ball off, move, then if you were in the possessing figure's kill zone again, take the ball back.

Edit:

That's not as clear as I wanted to be. As I read it, with every space you move, you could take or give a hand off as long as you were in a friendly kill zone. So yes, unless Thiago chimes in with something different, there's nothing to prevent you giving and taking the ball multiple times during a movement.

As for the cheating cards, on page 17:

Quote:

If you have any burned cheating cards sitting faceup in front of you, this might be a good time to bribe the ref to look the other way.

Sad to say if you burn a cheat, even just to throw off during a contest, you have to pay or be potentially penalized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Morodo
Mexico
Puebla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
moroko wrote:
Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm glad you asked. I hadn't given much consideration to the fact that you could hand-off, move, then receive one, all to avoid a handling contest. That makes Relay Training, which extends your hand-off range by 1, twice as good as I thought it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just confirming that yes, while you're performing your movement you can hand-off and receive the ball as many times as you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McDonald
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
On Hand-Offs, page 14:

As for the cheating cards, on page 17:

Quote:

If you have any burned cheating cards sitting faceup in front of you, this might be a good time to bribe the ref to look the other way.

Sad to say if you burn a cheat, even just to throw off during a contest, you have to pay or be potentially penalized.

I don't like this at all. It has happened that due to a reaction (and then replaying the reaction because of Kaos Warp) and then the completion of the initial action that all I had in my hand was cheat cards. To play one as a dead card and get no benefit was my only option. Then having no money left to buy off cheats and rolling +2 on the die, I had the highest fouls and lost points. This also cost me the game. I know that's a pretty rare series of events, but I hate losing so it sticks in my mind. :-p

To receive no benefit from the cheat but to be penalised because playing one was my only option doesn't seem right to me. We have since house ruled that only cards played as the cheat itself needs to be bought off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.