Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by 5 Below and saw this game over in the game section. I figured, there probably wasn't much to the game. Normally, I could check my Iphone to see what other BGGers thought of the game, but I was out of luck this one day as I had forgotten my phone and left it home.

Being a sucker for specialty dice in general, I figured for $3.00 it was worth picking up to check out; afterall, the game came with 10 custom dice.

Components:
10 Dice: 3 different kinds.
Score pad
Tin to store everything.
Instructions... I think

The only thing lacking in the package is a game. There are 0 decisions to be made. The "game" is about rolling your dice and recording your scores. Because of the dice distribution and rules, you aren't going to roll for a very high score. There is very little replay value or fun to be had. If anything, the game can serve as a practice tool for scoring.

To compensate for the lack of a game, I bought 2 extra copies with the goal of making a game out of the components. I am happy to report that while the game itself much left to be desired, I am happy with the variant that I have created that utilizes the components.

I find I can now "bowl" scores that are more in line with what professionals would bowl.

Components: 4/5
Fun: 1/5 (2/5 with my variant)
Replay Value: 1/5 (2/5 with my variant)
Overall Score: 1.5/5 (2.5/5 with my variant)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip DeWalt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay, so what's your variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My variant is players pick and choose which dice they want to roll. By having 3 sets of dice, the dice pool will be large enough to allow players to pick from.

To make things more interesting, there is a "cap" on strikes, so if you roll too many it negates the strike and each strike counts purely as a pin. The "cap" amount was 5 or 6, I don't remember off the top of my head.

Spare dice work a bit differently. You are allowed access to all the spare dice. If you roll 2 or more, you lose access 1 spare die. If you fail to roll a spare, you regain access to a spare die, up to the max number of spare dice.

Everything else is played the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.