teasel bonne
msg tools
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you keep playing. This image will change. Maybe to something more like this:

14 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also tried the BGA implementation twice, and I must say that it was a lot more confusing than what BGO has. If I wasn't able to keep the game state in my head, I would have no clue what's going on in BGA. It's still in beta stage, but it had so many bugs and wrong rules interpretations that I didn't even bother to submit bug report from them all. I may try again after a year or so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to replace just sitting down and playing the physical game to learn it. the way they introduce it to you with each part separately really gives you a feel for how the game works.

Once you grasp everything from a few plays you won't fear that guy on a horse so much.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sourisdudesert Sourisdudesert
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Petri wrote:
I also tried the BGA implementation twice, and I must say that it was a lot more confusing than what BGO has. If I wasn't able to keep the game state in my head, I would have no clue what's going on in BGA. It's still in beta stage, but it had so many bugs and wrong rules interpretations that I didn't even bother to submit bug report from them all. I may try again after a year or so.


Hi,

We fixed all blocking bugs in the very first days and we continue fixing them as you can see there:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/

I think we will need 10-15 more days to fix 95% of the remaining issues, so don't worry, if you are afraid of bugs you won't have to wait a year

But please submit yours, or vote for the bugs you encounter, otherwise we won't be able to fix them
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sourisdudesert wrote:
Petri wrote:
I also tried the BGA implementation twice, and I must say that it was a lot more confusing than what BGO has. If I wasn't able to keep the game state in my head, I would have no clue what's going on in BGA. It's still in beta stage, but it had so many bugs and wrong rules interpretations that I didn't even bother to submit bug report from them all. I may try again after a year or so.


Hi,

We fixed all blocking bugs in the very first days and we continue fixing them as you can see there:
https://en.boardgamearena.com/

I think we will need 10-15 more days to fix 95% of the remaining issues, so don't worry, if you are afraid of bugs you won't have to wait a year

But please submit yours, or vote for the bugs you encounter, otherwise we won't be able to fix them

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks.

I reported one of the bugs. Another was related to resources showing N/A all the time probably after I had built Transcontinental Railroad, but not sure.

As an improvement suggestion, there are many situations where most players would appreciate undo/confirm, such as asking for confirmation if you want to aggress somebody who has equal or more strength than you. And I really would appreciate BGO style of sacrificing units for aggressions, wars and colonies, where the program tells you strength of the sacrificed units and only after that you confirm the whole sac instead of selecting units 1 by 1.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cranium Junker wrote:
That horse must be a pony. There is no way Napoleon was that tall. Tirck photography existed all the way back then... shake


Actually, Napoleon was of above-average height. He's always pictured with the Old Guard, who were giants, so there's a popular impression that he's short.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van den Boer
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Petri wrote:

As an improvement suggestion, there are many situations where most players would appreciate undo/confirm, such as asking for confirmation if you want to aggress somebody who has equal or more strength than you. And I really would appreciate BGO style of sacrificing units for aggressions, wars and colonies, where the program tells you strength of the sacrificed units and only after that you confirm the whole sac instead of selecting units 1 by 1.

I agree with this one. Having played on BGO, there's still quite a bit of catch up to do for BGA.
Things that I'm looking for:
- History. The replay is nice, but sometimes I want to look back further.
- Display the civil cards that people are holding in their hands.
- Have a screen that shows which cards are gone and which cards are still in the deck.
- Have some way for a player to figure out which events he seeded.
All of the above are to take the memory aspect out of the game. Sure, I could write it down on a piece of paper, but the good thing about computer implementations is that it can take away the boring admin tasks.
On the plus side, BGA is very much alive and the site is developing. BGO isn't seeing any development.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.