44 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: A Humble Request for the next Big Box expansions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D N
msg tools
I request that the next box have NBN and Anarch and it should be called Sound and Fury.

The last big box should have Weyland and only Neutral runner cards and be called Bangs and Whimpers.

That is all.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_atencion.asp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seirhune wrote:
I request that the next box have NBN and Anarch and it should be called Sound and Fury.

The last big box should have Weyland and only Neutral runner cards and be called Bangs and Whimpers.

That is all.

Thank you.

Eh I would be very unsatisfied when my perfect Weyland gets put in an un-epic box hehe. I'm thinking "Weyland vs. the World".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
NBN/Anarch: "Your Face and My Fist"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nephtys Nephtys
msg tools
Watch. The next box is Weyland/Anarch and NBN Gets a box all by itself.

It'll be called 'Astroscript and Advancement', and have a single player scenario where NBN scores 7 points on turn 3 or loses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
The 4th expansion should be the last corp and cards like:

Account Siphon - the card we know but with added "cannot be played while tagged"

Datasucker costing 2 influence

Astro as a 4/2 agenda

Desperado working only on hq and r&d

And some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Corps are ordered HB, Jinteki, NBN, Weyland
Runners are ordered Anarch, Criminal, Shaper

First box was HB, Shaper
Second box was Jinteki, Criminal

The pattern suggests Anarch/NBN (I like Chaos and Coverage) for the next box and who the hell knows for the last box along with Weyland. I like the idea of a ton of neutral cards, there would need to be significant neutral corp cards too so a box that really focuses on the corp could be called something like Private Enterprises

If that's the case for the third box I fully expect NBN to get the shaft. Sure there will be new cards that are fun to use, just like there were fun HB cards to use when they got a box as the strongest corp and there are fun criminal cards to use when they were the strongest runner. But I don't think anything faction defining came out of either box. I expect the same of an NBN box, the weaker of the two factions get's a bigger boost in power.

That's not to say criminals didn't get some cool new things, central breakers are actually pretty awesome. But I can run Andy account siphon and be just as good as any deck you can make from the new ID's. I can't say the same of Shaper prior to C&C, Katman really brought them up a level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:

Account Siphon - the card we know but with added "cannot be played while tagged"

Astro as a 4/2 agenda

And some more.

It could be called Weyland & Whiners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Koshea wrote:
If that's the case for the third box I fully expect NBN to get the shaft. Sure there will be new cards that are fun to use, just like there were fun HB cards to use when they got a box as the strongest corp and there are fun criminal cards to use when they were the strongest runner. But I don't think anything faction defining came out of either box. I expect the same of an NBN box, the weaker of the two factions get's a bigger boost in power.

That's not to say criminals didn't get some cool new things, central breakers are actually pretty awesome. But I can run Andy account siphon and be just as good as any deck you can make from the new ID's. I can't say the same of Shaper prior to C&C, Katman really brought them up a level.

The stronger faction hasn't been getting power boosts, but they have been getting diversified. Before C&C there was nothing but HB FA, and before H&P there was half a year of facing exactly the same Andy deck over and over. I'd like to see NBN get more effects that tie into the tags, infowars, etc side of things instead of being the all-FA-all-the-time faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:

Astro as a 4/2 agenda

And some more.

I suppose Scorched Earth is now a double, too? yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
The stronger faction hasn't been getting power boosts, but they have been getting diversified. Before C&C there was nothing but HB Glacier, and before H&P there was half a year of facing exactly the same Andy deck over and over. I'd like to see NBN get more effects that tie into the tags, infowars, etc side of things instead of being the all-FA-all-the-time faction.

Just give 'em 5/3 (or 6/x) agendas compelling enough to actually use and an ID that encourages non-FA, and we should be golden, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very disappointed to see NBN instead of Weyland in the next deluxe expansion.

The fourth expansion could be NBN and support for all runner factions. I think that's the most logical way to do it. Either that, or NBN and Shaper (starting the cycle again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone had recommended "Truth and Lies" for an NBN/Anarch set, and I like that idea very much. Very straightforward and I feel a good theme for both factions (as each is very big on information and the purported truth of said information against the "disinformation" distributed elsewhere).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see more neutral cards in a deluxe box with the last Corp (maybe even some crazy 4-5 influence ones?). There are really very few neutrals, but I guess for the influence system to matter there can't be too many 0-1 inf neutrals that are actually good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nephtys Nephtys
msg tools
Since someone guessed Honor and Profit successfully, and if we get an Anarch-NBN box...

Dare I say, 'Truth and Deceptions'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
salty53 wrote:

The stronger faction hasn't been getting power boosts, but they have been getting diversified. Before C&C there was nothing but HB Glacier, and before H&P there was half a year of facing exactly the same Andy deck over and over. I'd like to see NBN get more effects that tie into the tags, infowars, etc side of things instead of being the all-FA-all-the-time faction.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

agentkuo wrote:
I would be very disappointed to see NBN instead of Weyland in the next deluxe expansion.

I WAS very disappointed Criminal got their big box before Anarch but here we are. Hoping this means they are saving the best for last. And if Weyland ends up with a box all to themselves I think they will make it pretty grand. NBN doesn't need the power level of a whole box to themselves but they could really use options that encourage different play styles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Store Champs gave out HB/Shaper deckboxes.
Season One Kits give out Jinteki/Crim boxes.
Season Two Kits will be giving out NBN/Anarch boxes.

...But yeah, Weyland will totally be in the next deluxe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamers (Pink Runner) vs Order of Sol (Brown Corp)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzaga
msg tools
If the new box isn't called "Search and Destroy", I'll be very disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Avers
United States
Elmore
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Personally, if they can break from the X and Y naming format for the expansions, I sort of like "Making the News" as a NBN/Anarch expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Örtman
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next big box: Weyland and Anarch.

The fourth big box: NBN and new runner faction..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jure Volarevic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that they will rotate the factions once more untill all 7 of them are featured two times in 7 big box expansions.

1. Hass-Bioroid / Shaper
2. Jinteki / Criminal
3. NBN / Anarch
4. Wayland / Shaper (lol, so much green)
5. Hass-Bioroid / Criminal
6. Jinteki / Anarch
7. Wayland / NBN (all corp, baby)

After that... who knows, maybe multiplayer big box or some other special big box expansions focusing on game mechanics instead of factions. That is, assuming the games lives that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
The next big box is Anarch and NBN.

2014 Store Championship prize kit: HB and Shaper deck boxes (Creation and Control).

2014 Season one prize kit: Jinteki and Criminal deck boxes (Honor and Profit).

2014 Summer prize kit: NBN and Anarch deck boxes (???).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weyland already has three ID's with a fourth (Blue Sky) already spoiled. NBN still only has two. This seems to at least vaguely suggest that NBN will be featured in the next big box.

If that is the case then please NOT A SINGLE further fast advance enabler, FFG. NBN used to be the "fun" corp to play - at least for me - now it is too much of a FA powerhouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
4th corp and neutral card would be nice. Even a few neutral runners that plays with influence costs.

A 4th runner faction would be tricky... not undesirable, but i fear about balance :S

On the other hand, a single faction against the world, and rules for multiplayer (1 corp vs multiple runners) sounds nice for me ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.