Subject: Havens addition to any game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reed makamson
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
use rules from page 14 of pirates and bounty hunters rulebook for placing havens. your haven gives a number of benefits:

1)hideout, you cannot be boarded and you ignore reaver and alliance contact while on your haven.
2)storehouse, you can drop goods, passengers/fugitives, crew, and bound fugitives on your haven and retrieve them later(place them under your ship to show they are stored). this does not require an action. stored crew don't contribute but still expect to be paid for any jobs you do and stored disgruntled crew can be hired by a rival on your haven. a stored crew with an active bounty cannot be apprehended by a rival. a stored bound fugitive cannot be rescued or jumped.
3)roots in the community, when you make work on your haven, you gain an extra $100. a rival must have your permission to make work on your haven.
4)home sweet home, while on your haven, you can use an action and spend 1 cargo to remove disgruntled from all your crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds good, BUT I would not allow crew to be "stashed" at your haven...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea. I'm inclined to agree with JW about stashed Crew. I'm also not sure about immunity from Reavers, since it's exactly these little havens that the Reavers make a mess of! And Haven certainly wasn't much protection against the Alliance!

If it were me, maybe:

1) Acts as a haven per the PBH rules (including that you must start at your haven).

2) Storehouse: Can drop off Goods, Passengers, and Fugitives.

3) Homecoming: When you arrive at your haven, do not draw a Nav card. You may remove any Disgruntled tokens from your Crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reed makamson
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
The notion is that if you make your haven in border space, you have a vault-like structure you can hide your people in until the reavers go away. Also, a cruiser doing a sweep in the sector isn't on the same level of trouble as having an operative gunning for you.

The idea behind stashing crew is not only having some loadout options, but mainly being able to have your wanted crew lay low until the heat dies down. I don't think it could be overused, since you still have to pay them, and if you don't they can be scooped up by rivals. free crew(lawmen, river, etc.) would be an exception, but I don't think that'll come up too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Honestly, my thoughts on this particular topics are somewhat driven by mechanics: I find the Alliance Cruiser and Reaver Cutter already not quite scary enough, so I wouldn't want to de-claw them further.

And story Crew in multiple places just seems logistically problematic. If it works for you, great. For me personally? Not an extra wrinkle I need in an already-complex situation.

My thing is that I try to make sure that a house rule can fit on a card (I actually print out my house rules and keep them as an extra deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh This is a good idea in general, and will I'm sure start us off a long road of 'retrofitting' expansion material into the main game when it is not already provided for in Expansion Rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.