• [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:
From the Boardgamegeek twitter account:

WOOT thats good news. i mean im looking forward to the new edition of DnD too but glad to hear theres a new expansion comming..... eventually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

means
Quote:
We're focused on D&D right now

that another game of the Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games will come out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi all,

means
Quote:
We're focused on D&D right now

that another game of the Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games will come out?

Very doubtful - they're referring to the RPG. Not sure if we'll ever see another D&D AS game, at least not in its current format, because the next one would have to draw from the whole D&D Next/5th/Whatever system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know of d&d but LOVE Waterdeep, however as I understand it...5th edition of the RPG is coming out soon which, as the staple product of the franchise; I can understand that the focus and attention of Wizards is on its delivery not Waterdeep.

But I think given the popularity of both base game and expansion, not only in terms of the gamer society but with the larger audience aswell, added to the fact they acknowledge a future expansion in the works after the release of their core product in the tweet is a very VWRY positive sign of hopefully great things to come.

Kelly and I can not wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to another expansion, but I do wonder whether it will be a "replace" one of the existing expansions (Keeping in mind that the last one is technically two expansions). The game is pretty full if using both and I do wonder whether throwing more on top will be beneficial to game play?

I'd imagine we won't see this until next year in any event, but at least we know something is in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
I'm looking forward to another expansion, but I do wonder whether it will be a "replace" one of the existing expansions (Keeping in mind that the last one is technically two expansions). The game is pretty full if using both and I do wonder whether throwing more on top will be beneficial to game play?

I'd imagine we won't see this until next year in any event, but at least we know something is in the works.

what I would like from an expansion is

1) one new box to hold everything.
2) balance it with all the content so I don't have to sort everything and pull out some of the base game cards. I think they could do this by having the new expansion either not count for any of the lords points or having it count for everyones points. haven't don't the math or anything on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of an expansion for Waterdeep. Undermountain/Skullport gave the game a nice "pow" to it. So I'd be interested to see what else they might do.

Mostly, I'd like a new game. The Raveloft/Ashardalon/Drittz series was wonderful. Waterdeep and its Undermountain/Skullport expansion is terrific. Dungeon Command looks quite good too. But now I'd like to see what else they could do.

Maybe I'd to see a completely new worker placement game in the style of Waterdeep but with deeper strategy. Waterdeep is accessible and the expansions add some nice richeness to it. But imagine if a new game came out that amped up some of the complexity and gave us a more Caylus or Alien Encounters feel to it (without being a simple re-theme of those). In other words, start new with a mid-level strategy game.

But heck, I'm a sucker for anything...new or expansion. I'm just glad that WotC has put out several terrific board games in the last few years that have competed well against the standard euros and such we love. That's an accomplishment for any company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with the two expansions in SoS, we have to remove half of the cards and buildings. Would another expansion require us to remove even more of the base game material, almost to the point of "extinction"?

As for a possible new box/insert to hold everything, you can be pretty certain that it won't cater to sleevers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jez2k wrote:
When playing with the two expansions in SoS, we have to remove half of the cards and buildings. Would another expansion require us to remove even more of the base game material, almost to the point of "extinction"?

As for a possible new box/insert to hold everything, you can be pretty certain that it won't cater to sleevers!

I have put forth the idea that the new expansion not only hold all the components, but if the new expansion cards count as a wild card to the VPs lords gain for quests and buildings then they could balance it so everyone has a fair shot at VP and you do not need to remove anything from the game.

I have recommended this but whether they take the advice or not I cannot say. also some games do cater to sleevers but you are probably correct it is unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...any developments / whispers about a new expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
should we continue to hold our breath?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hildan wrote:
should we continue to hold our breath?

I guess not. I emailed them a while back too, asking about this, but no response. Ah well.

I think I'll wait for an eventual, hopeful 10th anniversary edition or somemthing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.