Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of the rules (and the counters) seems to imply that a disordered defending unit fares better against shock than a normal unit. Does the '+1' DRM shown help the defender or the attacker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
cstimpson wrote:
The wording of the rules (and the counters) seems to imply that a disordered defending unit fares better against shock than a normal unit. Does the '+1' DRM shown help the defender or the attacker?

On the Shock Combat and Charge tables, higher modified die rolls are worse for the defender, therefore the +1 DRM helps the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I would have expected - why would a disordered unit fare better against attack than a normal one? - but the rule didn't make it clear. Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also means, of course, that my entire first play of this game - Blore Heath - was screwed up, since I go it wrong. I had units choosing to be disordered rather than retreat because it would help them next round.....

Oh well - that's what first plays are for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.