T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I apologize in advance. Haven't play the game in several months, and think I'm going to start with expansion pack one. What cards exactly do I pull from the RotR base game?

Thanks in advance!

-Tom
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steampunk wrote:
So I apologize in advance. Haven't play the game in several months, and think I'm going to start with expansion pack one. What cards exactly do I pull from the RotR base game?

Thanks in advance!

-Tom


None! Leave all the cards in and add the new cards for the first adventure deck. You will not pull any cards out of the game until you get to the third adventure deck. See the Adventure Path Card "Rise of the Runelords" for more information.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't remove any cards to play deck 1. Just add deck 1 to the Base Set (and the Character Add-on if you have it) and you are good to go.

Cards only get removed starting in deck 3, and then only by the rule on the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path card.
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steampunk wrote:
So I apologize in advance. Haven't play the game in several months, and think I'm going to start with expansion pack one. What cards exactly do I pull from the RotR base game?

Thanks in advance!

-Tom
If you are starting completely over and beginning with adventure 1, then you'd want to remove all cards from future adventures.

That being said, if you want, you could always just play normally and when someone in the party encounters a 'card from the future' just search through the box until you find one that you should be encountering, but that tends to end up taking more time overall (having to search the box every time a card is encountered from a later adventure) than just going through the cards at before you start and putting them back in their boxes until later when you need them.


brayle wrote:
[...]None! Leave all the cards in and add the new cards for the first adventure deck. You will not pull any cards out of the game until you get to the third adventure deck. See the Adventure Path Card "Rise of the Runelords" for more information.

269Hawkmoon wrote:
You don't remove any cards to play deck 1. Just add deck 1 to the Base Set (and the Character Add-on if you have it) and you are good to go.

Cards only get removed starting in deck 3, and then only by the rule on the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path card.


I'm assuming the person is saying his/her group hasn't played in months, but still has adventure decks beyond 1 in the box, thus they're asking what they should remove concerning that.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
I'm assuming the person is saying his/her group hasn't played in months, but still has adventure decks beyond 1 in the box, thus they're asking what they should remove concerning that.


I considered that this might be the question, but the answer is just too obvious: any card with a number higher than 1. So I couldn't bring myself to think that this was really the question.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify:

My previous plays have only been with the base set, but I want to start again and up the ante with expansion one. Thanks, everyone!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.