Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never ordered anything from Mantic before but I decided to splurge during their opening day sale and get a copy of Dwarf Kings Hold, Project Pandora and a few of the Mantic Crazy Boxes and got free shipping since it was over $75 . I figured meh with free shipping and it being sent from England, it will probably take a few weeks to get to me here in the US. I ordered on it on last Friday and pretty much just put it out of my mind, since they had just moved to a new warehouse and had a large sale. I got an email from Mantic yesterday (Wednesday) followed by a Fedex notice saying the package had been picked up. Today (Thursday) my package arrived. It was sent over night delivery! Free shipping and overnight delivery from England????? Wow needless to say I was amazed and extremely impressed and have to say good job Mantic. That is going above and beyond!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I would have been in your boat, figuring it would take at least 2 weeks, probably more like a month. Yet another reason to be a Mantic fan. For about $200 I was able to build a huge dwarf army and a small undead army for WH:FB. Sure, the quality of the models isn't quite as good as GW, but $200 compared to the probably $800-1,000 I would have spent on the same size army from GW still blows my mind. And, I tried Dreadball for the first time the other day and thought it was awesome. Flag them for being a knock-off company if you want, but IMHO they're hitting all the marks GW is missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Holley
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
51% DELICIOUS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I like their figure sculpts a lot more than GWs.

My mantic orcs look menacing and brutal. My GW orks look cartoony and ridiculous. Just an opinion I know. But I've gotten to where all the GW stuff just looks so childish to me, it makes me wonder why I ever thought it was cool.

But yeah, very cool that they ship fast and free to the U.S. over $75. That is very unexpected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stjase wrote:
Personally I like their figure sculpts a lot more than GWs.

My mantic orcs look menacing and brutal. My GW orks look cartoony and ridiculous. Just an opinion I know. But I've gotten to where all the GW stuff just looks so childish to me, it makes me wonder why I ever thought it was cool.

But yeah, very cool that they ship fast and free to the U.S. over $75. That is very unexpected.
Yea, I think it depends on which army you're talking about. I also actually like Mantic's orcs better, as well as their undead. Mantic's are a little less customizable, but I like the aesthetic better. I think the dwarves and humans could go either way, but I agree GW's dwarves are much more cartoony. The elves, however...yeesh. Mantic really needs to remodel those if they haven't already (thought I heard that they were going to).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall I'm all in on mantic. They have some really good sculpts and some questionable ones. The big thing I love about mantic is that they are supporting side games and their pricing is great and their shipping.... Wow! Overall they have their heads on straight when compared to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.