Masters Gallery» Forums » General

Subject: Found a smaller box version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At my local game store they were selling the usual sized Master's Gallery, but there was also a smaller card box attached to it by rubber band. I've never seen this before, but they were selling them together for the price of the regular game itself, so I decided to pick it up. I figured maybe the smaller box contained bonus art or something.

Anyway, it ends up the smaller box contains a copy of the same game. The counters are made out of thinner cardboard, but other than that the actual game components and art are 100% identical. That being said, I much prefer the smaller version since it fits in such a small box and is much easier to fit in my game bag! I wish more games were available in this size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow cute, but more importantly did the small ruleset clarify which artists and how many could be played at the end of the round? whistle
Also just goes to show how much air and shelf space the original contains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules still contain the same ambiguous text... "For each different artist with Masterpiece Cards displayed in front of the player, he may play one additional card from his hand, add it to his Masterpiece Cards, and score it."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess there wasn't enough room to expand on that sentence, oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusboyau wrote:
Guess there wasn't enough room to expand on that sentence, oh well.

More like the rules were simply reprinted in a smaller format with no time/effort/money spent editing and re-proofing them. I guess we have a definitive answer from another thread (too lazy to find the link to it) anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw in the image gallery that the smaller game is actually the third edition 'tuckbox', and was printed in 2012. Strange that I've never seen one until now, as I've only ever seen the larger bookshelf sized box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.