Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It was outrageous. The calories hadn't even been transported. The village was awash with energy. And despite the man's virtuous poster, it was doubtful that the calories feeding his kinetic shop were equally upstanding. Not with tempting green fields waving within meters of the shop. Shriram often said that using stamped calories was like dumping money into a methane composter.

6-player to Brutality to Earth with CL.

Usual suspects + Sean, with Carlo subbing until Dan is back.

libakala 1d1000 = (786) = 786
markino 1d1000 = (817) = 817
oriecat 1d1000 = (786) = 786
schmloof 1d1000 = (94) = 94
Scobin 1d1000 = (221) = 221
l33tspaniard 1d1000 = (393) = 393

Roll-off on a d1000, what the heck.
libakala 1d1000 = (591) = 591
oriecat 1d1000 = (262) = 262

d10-1 markino
d10-2 libakala
d10-3 oriecat
d10-4 l33tspaniard
d10-5 Scobin
d10-6 schmloof
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 549495. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (786) =
  • Fri May 23, 2014 5:39 am
  • [+]
  • 549496. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (817) =
  • [+]
  • 549497. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (786) =
  • [+]
  • 549498. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (94) =
  • [+]
  • 549499. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (221) =
  • [+]
  • 549500. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (393) =
  • [+]
  • 549501. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (591) =
  • Fri May 23, 2014 5:41 am
  • [+]
  • 549502. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (262) =
  • Fri May 23, 2014 5:41 am
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Non-Character Tweaks

Quorum Cards
Assign VP: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards and pass this card to any other player. That player draws a Quorum card. Keep this card in play.
This player is now next highest in the Presidential Line of Succession. If this player becomes President, discard this card.

Assign Arbitrator: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards and pass this card to any other player. Keep this card in play.
Whenever a player activates the "Admiral's Quarters" or the "Airlock" location, this player may discard this card to reduce or increase the difficulty by 3.

Accept Prophecy: Draw 1 Skill Card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set). Keep this card in play.
Whenever a player targets you with an "Admiral's Quarters" or "Airlock" Skill Check, increase the difficulty by 2. Then discard this card.

Probation: Replaced by a copy of "Establish Dogsville". (+1 population, -1 morale, discard this card)

Mutiny Cards
Make A Deal: Choose a character in the Brig and move him to any location on Galactica. Then, discard this card and choose a player currently without a Mutiny card to draw a Mutiny card.

Selfish Act: Draw 2 Skill Cards and discard this card. Then discard 4 Skill Cards or draw another Mutiny card.

Crisis Cards
Thirty-Three: Special Rule: Relentless Pursuit - Keep this card in play until a basestar or a civilian ship is destroyed. When the fleet jumps, do not remove basestars or civilian ships from the game board.

Super Crisis Cards
The Farm: FAIL - Remove all Miracle tokens from the game.

Massive Assault: Special Rule: Power Failure - Reduce the Jump Preparation Track by 1.

Demand Peace Manifesto: Admiral Chooses - The Admiral discards his hand of Skill Cards and all nuke tokens. OR -1 morale and damage Galactica twice.

Skill Cards
Change of Plans: Play this card after a skill check is passed on a human player's turn. Instead of resolving the "pass" result, the current player draws 3 Skill Cards.

Full Throttle: Movement or Action: Play when piloting a Viper to move to any space sector. You may then attack a Cylon ship in your sector. Add 2 to the result of the die roll.

Locations
Weapons Control: Using Galactica, attack two Cylon ships of different types in the same space sector.

Research Lab: Draw one Tactics and one Engineering Skill Card, then discard a Skill Card.

Human Fleet: Choose two (in order): Look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck and place it on the top or bottom of that deck, or draw 2 Skill Cards, or infiltrate Galactica.

Others
Pegasus Destruction: When Pegasus is destroyed, -1 to all resources that are not in the red zone.

Civilian Ships: One -1 population ship is replaced with -1 population, -1 food.

Assault Raptors: For every Assault Raptor in a space sector, Vipers get +1 to their attack rolls against Heavy Raiders and Basestars and Raiders attacking Vipers get -1 to their attack rolls in that space sector.

Raiders shoot down Vipers before targeting Assault Raptors. Assault Raptors are destroyed on a roll of 4-8.

Assault Raptors hit Heavy Raiders on a roll of 6-8.

Loyalty Deck and Executions: Any titles the executed character held are transferred to the next character in the Line of Succession before the new character is picked.

After Sleeper Phase, if a human is executed, he draws the final card of the Loyalty deck. If the Loyalty deck is empty, reduce a random resource by 1 in addition to the other effects.

If the humans would win the game and the Loyalty deck is not empty, reveal the final card of the Loyalty deck. If it is a "You Are A Cylon" card, remove it from the game and reset the Jump Preparation Track instead. Cylon players then draw a Super Crisis card.

Cylon Reveals: The "Damage Galactica" reveal can now only damage Galactica, while the "Draw Treachery" reveal now forces everyone to draw 2 Treachery cards instead of just 1.

Earth
Mission Cards: Needs of the People - Pass: +1 Fuel, +1 Food, and repair 1 damaged location.

Locations: A Mission may be activated from the "Communications", "Command" and "Weapons Control" locations. Do not draw a Crisis card this turn.

The Research Lab has been replaced with the Captain's Cabin. It can only be activated once per turn.

The "Launch Scout" Skill Card can also look at the Mission deck.

Character Tweaks

If I do not mention a ability or character, it is unchanged.

Terminal Illness: If you have three or fewer Skill Cards in hand, you may not activate any locations. If you have three or fewer Skill Cards in hand when the fleet jumps, you are sent to "Sickbay".

Setup: Quorum Chamber

Unconventional Tactics: Once per turn, during your Crisis step, you may replace a loss of 1 Food or 1 Morale with 1 Population.
Friends in Low Places: Once per game, if a title would be passed, take it instead.

2 Leadership
1 Tactics
2 Politics/Piloting

Forward Thinking: After you play an "Executive Order" Skill Card and the chosen player has finished moving and taking actions, you may play a Skill or Mutiny Card action.
Choose a Different Path: Once per game, when you must make a choice on a Crisis Card, you may choose to have the result be "The President discards 5 Skill Cards."
Moral Dilemma: If you have a Mutiny card, draw only 2 Skill Cards during your "Receive Skills Step".

Line of Succession: is now below Political Zarek

Adaptable: Whenever a Quorum card is played, you may play a "Consolidate Power" Skill Card.
Influential: Action: Once per game, you may look at the top 5 cards of the Quorum deck. You may put up to 3 of them on the bottom of the deck and put the rest on top in any order.

Setup: President's Office

Cylon Hatred: Whenever a player activates the "Admiral's Quarters" or "Airlock" locations, you may reduce the difficulty by 3.
Stamp Authority: Action: Once per game, take all Mutiny Cards of other players into your hand. (Do not go to the Brig.) Choose one to play and discard the rest.
Bent on Revenge: If there is an undamaged basestar on the main game board, skip the “Prepare for Jump” step on your turn.

Inspirational Leader: Movement: Discard an "Executive Order" skill card to activate a location occupied by another character. You may not do this if you are in the "Brig" location.
Command Authority: Once per game, after a Skill Check has been resolved, you may take any or all Skill Cards used for the check into your hand instead of discarding them.
Emotionally Attached: Draw one fewer Leadership card during your "Receive Skills Step" for each player in the "Brig" location.

Executive Officer: Whenever you are the target of an "Executive Order" Skill Card, you may take one Action, then choose another player. That player may take one Action.
Blind Devotion: Once per game, after cards have been added to a Skill Check (but before revealing them), you may choose a skill type. All cards of the chosen type are considered strength 0.

FTL Operator: Whenever you activate the "FTL Control" location, before Destination cards are drawn, look at the Destination card second from the top. You may place it on the bottom of the Destination deck.
Amputee: Whenever you are sent to "Sickbay", draw a Treachery card and roll a die. On a result of 3 or less, draw a Mutiny card.

Dutiful: Once during your turn, if you activate "Communications", "Pegasus CIC" or "Main Batteries", you may discard 1 Skill Card to activate another one of these locations.
Organised: Once per game, after your "Receive Skills Step", activate any two Galactica or Pegasus locations.

Setup: Communications/Main Batteries

1 Politics
2 Leadership
2 Tactics

Necessary Steps: Before a player would draw a Mutiny card, look at the top card of the Mutiny deck. You may place it on the bottom of the deck.
Disreputable: You start the game with a Mutiny card. Ignore your "Necessary Steps" ability.

Alert Viper Pilot: If a viper would be placed in a space area from the "Reserves", you may immediately pilot it and take one action. You may not do this if you are in the "Sickbay", "Brig", or "Colonial One" locations.

Expert Pilot: If you are piloting a viper at the end of your Action step, you may take another Action.
Secret Destiny: Once per game, after a Crisis card has been drawn, you may discard it. Then look at the top two cards of the Crisis deck, put one on the bottom of the deck and resolve the other.
Insubordinate: Whenever you are the target of an "Executive Order" Skill Card, you must discard one random Skill Card.

Hotshot: Once per turn, if you would roll a die during an Action step, you may instead discard a Skill Card. Use that card's strength +2 instead of the die roll. You may not do this when activating the "FTL Control" location.
Sacrifice: Action: Once per game, if piloting a viper, send yourself to "Sickbay" to destroy 5 raiders, 2 heavy raiders, 1 basestar or 2 civilian ships in your space sector.

2 Leadership
1 Tactics
2 Piloting

Raptor Pilot: Once per turn, when you look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck as a result of a "Launch Scout" card, look at the top 2 cards and instead and, in the order of your choosing, place each card on the top or the bottom of the deck.

Star Player: Movement or Action: Once per turn, discard up to 3 Skill Cards of any one type. Then draw that number of Skill Cards from any one type within your skill set.
Longshot: Once per game, determine the result of a die roll instead of rolling it.
Starts on the Bench: Draw only 2 cards during the "Receive Skills Step" of your first turn.

The Blackbird: Action: Once per game, destroy two damaged Vipers to either destroy all Basestars on the main game board OR look at the top 3 cards of the Crisis deck and then place them on the top or bottom in any order.

Fast Learner: If added into the check, cards are not revealed with the "Investigative Committee" Skill Card.

Discharge of a Firearm: Movement: Once per game, execute another player in your current location.

Quarantine: Once per game, after a player has played cards into a Skill Check, look at them. You may take one of the cards into your hand.

Cylon Leaders

The Cylon Leader draws three Motive cards at the Sleeper Phase. Set one of those aside (before looking at them). At the end of the game, if the Cylons have won, the Cylon Leader must have 4 Motives revealed to win. (2 Cylon Allegiance Motives remain sufficient.) If the humans have won, the Motive card set aside is disregarded.

Aggressive Tactics: Action: Once per game, resolve the top card of the Super Crisis deck, treating it as though it had a "Prepare for Jump" icon. Do not draw a Crisis card this turn.
Lies and Secrets: Whenever a Loyalty card is examined or revealed, discard one random Skill Card.

Cryptic Message: Action: Once per game, swap your hand of Skill Cards with another player. Then, choose either yourself or that player to take an additional Action.

For Love: Once per turn, when another player is forced to choose and discard Skill Cards, you may draw 1 Treachery card to prevent one of those discards.

EXTREME

Exodus Additions
Final Five cards and Cylon Reveals are in.

The following Crisis cards are also added to the deck:
The Passage
Mysterious Guide
Consult the Prisoner
Temple of the Five
Widespread Starvation
Labor Dispute (hahaha)
Interrogation
Unwelcome Faces

New Skill Cards (1-2 strength)

Control Fate: Play after cards in a Skill Check have been revealed. Shuffle 2 of them into the Destiny Deck, then add 2 cards from the Destiny Deck into the Skill Check.

Action Stations: Movement or Action: Choose another player. He may move or take an Action. Limit of one "Action Stations" and "Executive Order" played a turn.

Backup Plan: Play after a die is rolled to reroll the die. You must keep the new result. Limit of one "Backup Plan" played per die roll.

Roll the Hard Six: Reckless. Play before making a Skill Check. If the Skill Check passes by 4 or more, destroy a Centurion or damage a basestar twice.

External Repairs: Action: Risk a Raptor. On a 3+, repair any one damaged location. Otherwise, destroy a Raptor.

New Super Crisis Card
Frak Earth - 13(9)YG:
Pass: No Effect;
9+: -1 Morale;
Fail: -1 Population, -1 Morale and place this card next to the Kobol Objective card. It counts as -1 Distance.

Secrecy Rules
You cannot ever reveal the identity of a card in your hand, no matter how you disguise it. However, characters are assumed to have access to all Skill Card types for this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Updated list of assumed COs. Any others that you can think of that I missed?

I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Please send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.

* Pass on Declare Emergency and Change of Plans

* Pass on Strategic Planning for shots against raiders, scouts if there's more than one raptor remaining and shots by cylon ships

* Pass on most Character Abilities - we'll work this out after character selection.

* Pass on Evasive Maneuvers for unmanned vipers/assault raptors that aren't protecting a civilian ship, unless the viper/raptor would be destroyed

* Pass on anything that would be a clear soft-reveal (e.g., Evasive Maneuvers to re-roll a shot that missed)

* Pass on Calculations

* Assault Raptors will be left in space when the fleet jumps

* Revealed Cylons will draw Treachery and Piloting. If on the Res Ship, they will draw Treachery.

* If a player must discard and they have non-zero Treachery in hand they will discard the Treachery.

* Humans will pass on crisis checks where none of their cards are helpful, unless discussion indicates humans wish to fail.

* If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.

* If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is soonest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I pick Saul Tigh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just realized you didn't buff Doral. I'm quite surprised considering how much you hate on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't think he's weak, just really really boring and I can't see why anyone would want to play as him over the other CLs.

Also I think he has no personality and I really don't know how to change him thematically at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
He has a personality, just not one that lends itself to game design unless that game is pretty pretty princess

But yeah I can't think of anything for him either. I'll try and see if I can work on something when I'm less sleepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Doral needs something. If he is trying to help humanity, his mandatory treachery and negative seem pretty harsh. Maybe even just change his draw to 1 politics 1 tactics/treachery

Maybe his OPG needs a change too. You could allow him to move to the resurrection ship. Or move to any location and draw a supercrisis (no action). That would help for cylon allegiance rebel basestar or save a turn waiting on res. ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate OPG for Doral
Quote:
Action: Choose 1 human player in your location. Send that player to sickbay. Then move to the resurrection ship. Draw a supercrisis or 3 skill cards from any 1 deck. These may come from outside your skill set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That's not actually too big a change... you add the Sickbay at the cost of, actually, less flexibility with that OPG.

I'll think about Doral, but in the meantime, pick someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Libakala's up and can pick a Politician, Pilot, Support or Cylon Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siim P
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll take Roslin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Daniel left some choice options on what he wants to play?
I don't want to frak his stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan's still around intermittently I believe, we'll let him do character selection.

Mindy takes Six.

Sean can select a Pilot or Support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I thought of a new default CO I'm adding: Humans will pass on skill checks crisis checks where none of their cards are helpful, unless discussion indicates the humans wish to fail.

Roslin/Six, happy to take your starting draws if you know what you want pre-loyalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess I'll take Doc.

Unless Scobin really wants to play a pilot, in which case we can switch positions so I can actually have decent options ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanisław Krawczyk
msg tools
mb
Wait, if you take Doc, I still have to choose a pilot, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Or support whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanisław Krawczyk
msg tools
mb
Yeah, but if I take support, you'll have to be a pilot then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Six would like to see her starting Motives before drawing cards, if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Support doesn't close.

I usually take a pilot when I'm stuck with between these two as I just don't like support, but I've been a pilot in something like 4 or 5 consecutive games (v106 being my only reprieve, though 105 maybe doesn't count because the CAG has more responsibility than usual).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanisław Krawczyk
msg tools
mb
Hm, a question to the mod, perhaps this'll solve things. May I take the new Helo but with a different starting draw? As it is right now, his OPT is very unlikely to get used with just one purple card per turn. What about 1 Leadership, 2 Tactics and 2 Piloting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
The new draw is supposed to be an OPT nerf/piloting ability buff, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll leave it to Mark, since it's his ruleset, but I believe the intent was to nerf new-Helo so I think it's unlikely he'll let you do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Could always try limiting his opt usage to when he's piloting an assrap. Could be a good trade-off (and also keeps him out of vipers. I hate seeing raptor pilots in vipers.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [39] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.