United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability says, "Before one of your figures begins a contest, you may bench one of your non-participating figures to gain +2 to your total."

We had a discussion on whether or not this meant that the Paragon player had to be the one which initiated the contest and we came up with good reasons why the answer could be both yes or no.

Has there been a ruling, or is there some obvious mention in the rules that I am missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to their power I would say that you can do this on any contest that the Paragon player is apart of. The balancing part is that they have less players to use. Unless you get really lucky with drawing some Hail Mary tactic card that player is probably only going to do this once per period. Which means as his opponent you need to be ready to bluff the heck out of that player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mcs1213 wrote:
According to their power I would say that you can do this on any contest that the Paragon player is apart of. The balancing part is that they have less players to use. Unless you get really lucky with drawing some Hail Mary tactic card that player is probably only going to do this once per period. Which means as his opponent you need to be ready to bluff the heck out of that player.

I've used it as many as 3 times in a period when I had Hail Mary (just one copy). I agree that it's any contest. Benching a figure is a high price to pay, especially if someone Kaoswarps the contest to a do-over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.