Marc Le Jürgenson
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello X-Wing fellows,

It is not mentioned in the rules...
Does the Transport start with full Energy (4/6) or with zero?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
The transport starts with zero energy.

Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seraph TC
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It starts with none.

There is no rule that suggests that Huge Ships start the game with any energy.

I think people are getting confused because it lists an Energy amount on the card, so they think it works like Shields - it doesn't.

It's important to understand that:

1) The Energy number on the card is the *max* energy that the ship can *gain*

2) The shield number on a card does not determine that a ship starts with shields - it's just the *max* shields that a ship can have. It's the Core Rules that determine that you give a ship shield tokens at set-up equal to this value.

Therefore, as there is no rule in the Huge Ship rules that state that a Huge Ship starts with energy, they do not.

There is only *one* rule in the Huge Ship rules that allows a ship to gain energy.

"Gain Energy: The huge ship gains a number of energy tokens equal to the number of energy icons shown on the chose maneuver on the maneuver dial (below the speed number)."

So in summary, you start the game with ZERO energy tokens on Huge Ships, and you gain them as a result of your chosen movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Le Jürgenson
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

thank you for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seraph TC
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Kraarma Sunsmile wrote:
Hey,

thank you for the info.

No problem - glad you found it useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SeraphTC wrote:
1) The Energy number on the card is the *max* energy that the ship can *gain*

By gain do you mean store? Based on its movement the max it can gain at any time is 3, but it can store them up to the max energy value. I assume that's what you meant but wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Escape from Hoth Mission H1 yesterday and the same question came up. A quick look at several official rule and faq supplements from Fantasy Flight Games answered this. In fact the GR-74 starts the game with full energy.

See the official Epic Tournament rules. Setup, step Nr.8:

Players assign Energy tokens to each of their Huge ships up to its
energy limit.

Otherwise this first mission would have been a disaster for the GR-75. Nevertheless I lost this match btw despite having full energy at the beginning. The Rebel Transport was easily shot to pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindinho wrote:
I played Escape from Hoth Mission H1 yesterday and the same question came up. A quick look at several official rule and faq supplements from Fantasy Flight Games answered this. In fact the GR-74 starts the game with full energy.

See the official Epic Tournament rules. Setup, step Nr.8:

Players assign Energy tokens to each of their Huge ships up to its
energy limit.

Otherwise this first mission would have been a disaster for the GR-75. Nevertheless I lost this match btw despite having full energy at the beginning. The Rebel Transport was easily shot to pieces.

Nope. That rule is ONLY for Epic dogfights. It does NOT apply to missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.