Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Spoilers!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great blog!

Batreps= Battle Reports.
Took me a minute to figure out what was meant.

I highly recommend reading his articles if you are interested in diskwars or if you own it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
chris4games wrote:
Batreps= Battle Reports.

Nah, just the autocorrect for bisexual.

laugh

Great blog, indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
chris4games wrote:
Batreps= Battle Reports.

Nah, just the autocorrect for bisexual.

laugh

Great blog, indeed!

HA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first report, when the sun dragon deploys, does it do so on top of the wolf riders? I thought that wasn't allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:
In the first report, when the sun dragon deploys, does it do so on top of the wolf riders? I thought that wasn't allowed.

It's not deployed, it's reinforced. That's why it can go on top of the Wolf Riders.

The difference between Deploy and Reinforce was very hard for me to grasp at first, but it's very important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
Zeromus wrote:

It's not deployed, it's reinforced. That's why it can go on top of the Wolf Riders.

The difference between Deploy and Reinforce was very hard for me to grasp at first, but it's very important.

Second time I've screwed that up... So, Deploying only happens before the game? In what circumstance will there be an enemy in your deployment zone that the "can't deploy on an enemy disk" would apply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you deploy disks before the game begins, after that you reinforce them. This is also relevant for the wording of several deployment zones (eg Disperse).

I guess if your deployment zones overlap... Honestly I don't know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There is a scenario card that lets you deploy in the terrains you put on the map. So that being in effect, you put terrain overlapping your enemy deploy zone. Now you can't put your disk straight into that zone, since FAQ forbids that, but you can put it on the edge. Now the deploy zone happens to be disperse so the enemy can cross boundaries of his deploy zone, so could pin your disk unless there was also denying of that in FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:
thegrinder wrote:
Zeromus wrote:

Second time I've screwed that up... So, Deploying only happens before the game? In what circumstance will there be an enemy in your deployment zone that the "can't deploy on an enemy disk" would apply?

It can be theoretically possible (but in practice really rare) in a 4 player game: if two players deploy near the common corner they share and one of them has the Disperse deployment card he would be able to extend to the opponent's deployment zone.

This could also happen in the Conquest scenario if one of the players places terrains in an aggressive way near the opponent's deployment zone and the opponent has either Disperse, Ambush or Feint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
There is a scenario card that lets you deploy in the terrains you put on the map. So that being in effect, you put terrain overlapping your enemy deploy zone. Now you can't put your disk straight into that zone, since FAQ forbids that, but you can put it on the edge. Now the deploy zone happens to be disperse so the enemy can cross boundaries of his deploy zone, so could pin your disk unless there was also denying of that in FAQ.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought about the "4 player scenario", but you are forbidden from putting your deployment zone into a corner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I had thought about the "4 player scenario", but you are forbidden from putting your deployment zone into a corner...

You must stay minimum at medium range from the corner though, and as the deployment zones extend up to medium range, this means that if two players place deployment cards as close as they can to the battlefield corner they share, the two deployment zones will touch at a corner (look at the right part of the picture below for reference)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.