Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On his turn, my friend recruits the Thief (Each other player gives you 3 gold) into one of his empty buildings. I have no gold, zero.

But I have the Highwayman in front of me in one of my buildings (Gain 2 gold when another player recruits).

Now, how do we resolve it?

1. The Thief comes into play, he can't steal anything from me as I have zero gold and after he resolves his card, I gain my 2 coin because of my Highwayman

or

2. The Thief comes into play, I gain immediately 2 coins, and the Thief will steal them from me.

I couldn't manage to find in the rulebook how to resolve timing conflicts.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in the rule book, it says somewhere that the player who's turn it is can choose how to resolve simultaneous events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no evidence but I'm pretty sure that you must recruit the thief before he can steal (you must place the card in play before using it), so I think you should have taken your 2 gold immediately and the thief steals your gold right after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. The action of recruiting the worker is completed (you gain 2 gold) before he has the opportunity to utilize that worker (he steals three gold from each player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.