Subject: Possible rulebook error? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K2K df
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

Just busy punching my game now and read in the rule book that there should be 112 gold but there is only 105 on the punch sheets? 7 sheets with 5 (x1) gold and 2 silver (x5) on each sheet? am I missing something?

Edit: Let me just say this is not a big issue, just being a compulsive component counter I noticed this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CHINCB wrote:

Edit: Let me just say this is not a big issue, just being a compulsive component counter I noticed this

You are not alone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
You are not alone

Sinister

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
You've actually got your copy ... don't complain.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mahmut Dural
Germany
Bad Lippspringe
flag msg tools
First of all, I am sorry for my bad english. I hope you can understand, what i write down. :-)

Thats a missprinting. In my german Copy, i have the same.

In the game should contain 112 gold. This is not true. This is a misprint in the rules. Because in the basic game there are: 35x1Gold and 14x5Gold. That makes a total of 105 gold.

The bigger problem is that the cubes for wood are orange (not brown) and on the city tiles is wood in red colour. Why not brown? Red and orange :-)

In the buildings the wood is shown in red (not brown) and in the game there are orange cubes for wood (not brown). The building tiles are thin, but at least not crooked and they are good laying on the table. The dice are not well finished, in some places (dice eyes) lacking color and in some places is too much color.

I fear that many will give the game therefore a bad rating. I find Praetor playful very very good. It runs right round, has a crisp playing time and is suitable as a gateway game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K2K df
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree that the game is wonderful. Thoroughly enjoyed my first play through. I agree the colors can be confusing but I think I know why orange was chosen as a color. As far as I know orange is one of the least expensive colors to produce and therefore it would keep the cost down. I agree it can be slightly confusing but I do not think it detracts from the game at all.

On the note of the tiles I feel that the tile thickness is just right, any thicker and I would have had trouble in storing them properly (baggies and such). And yeas I know they include bags but I am OCD and prefer all my games stored in the same bags.

I urge you to not judge a book (game) on it's cover, with a bit of play I think this can be a very very enjoyable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason for choosing orange for the wood in Praetor is that it is easier to recognize by color blind people. Brown wood and black weapons would not be so easy to tell apart, something that people with good eye sight will have a hard time understanding.

There are indeed 2x 5 Gold and 5x 1 Gold on each of the 7 punchboards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K2K df
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for the reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe someone could design some sort of custom wooden/acrylic pieces in the "proper" shape and color matching the board???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.