Hide
4 Posts

Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: How many of each Technology should I put in the bag? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Quist
msg tools
My friends and I love to play eclipse, but we don't always have the same number of players. When we play with 5-9 players we just use all of the technology tiles, but when we play with fewer players, we feel like there are too many of the cheaper technologies and by the end of the game there is still half a bag full of technologies. Does anyone have a good system they use to limit the number of technologies in the bag? I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I don't use forums very much and am not very forum savvy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always keep all the techs in the bag and then if you draw one of the ones marked for the 7-9 expansion then put it to the side and re-draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BOMProphet wrote:
My friends and I love to play eclipse, but we don't always have the same number of players. When we play with 5-9 players we just use all of the technology tiles, but when we play with fewer players, we feel like there are too many of the cheaper technologies and by the end of the game there is still half a bag full of technologies. Does anyone have a good system they use to limit the number of technologies in the bag? I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I don't use forums very much and am not very forum savvy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you aware that some of the techs are marked, and should only be used for 7+ players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The easiest and laziest way is to simply have a redraw. We usually play that if the instances of a drawn tech on the tech board >= number of players (sometimes number of players -1 just to make things interesting) discard and draw a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.