Pocket Odyssey» Forums » News

Subject: Players Choice- Create a Character- POLL 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Sato

Missouri
msg tools
designer
The last poll for our characters race was very close, but we did have a winner, so our Twilight Mage will be of the Shadow Blood descent! Please vote on her general appearance from the roughs below and for the third power card that is themed around her. Her back story will be based off her final appearance.

Poll: Pocket Odyssey Player Character Creation Poll 3- Appearance
What should the Twilight Mage look like?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Option A: The Adventurer
54.9% 45
Option B: The Matriarch
45.1% 37
Voters 82
This poll is now closed.   82 answers
Poll created by MrGameDesign
Closes: Thu May 29, 2014 6:00 am

Option 1: Panic- Target a single enemy that you can see, you must roll higher than their level and they run in fear from you till they roll a 4 or higher (they roll at the end of each of their turns).

Option 2: Torment- Target a single enemy that you can see, you must roll higher than their level to give them a curse that lasts 5 minutes. By default, a curse makes the victim roll a 4 or higher before they act on their turn or they automatically fail their action. The caster may create a custom curse if approved by the storyteller.
Poll: Pocket Odyssey Player Character Creation Poll 4- Extra Spell
What should her last power card be?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Option 1: Panic- scare your foes!
37.2% 29
Option 2: Torment- curse your foes!
62.8% 49
Voters 78
This poll is now closed.   78 answers
Poll created by MrGameDesign
Closes: Thu May 29, 2014 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked the Matriarch, because I feel it has a more 'mage' look. But I would prefer it to be more menacing. Mostly, because I also picked option 1 Panic. I think her current look isn't scary enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are ugly/ scary enough already why take the panic spell ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
If you are ugly/ scary enough already why take the panic spell ?

To me, it's not just a spell but a power. And looking intimidating helps with that. A teddybear with the power to create panic just doesn't do it for me :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Krywusha
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I chose Matriarch mostly because it read mage while Adventurer looks too rogue-like imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kary Williams
msg tools
I chose Adventurer because I have a character in my campaign that looks almost exactly like the sketch and she is what I imagine when I hear Twilight Mage. And for the Ability I chose Torment as there is so much more variation that can be spun into an ability like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Took the matriarch and the "curse" spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.