Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question:

The SW Front attacks together with a 2-1-3 SCU, and as a result of the roll is taking 2 hits.

Now, how to apply this?

11.32 states that the Mech unit must take the first step loss (if any) when attacking.

Does this mean if attacking, and there is a choice of who takes the hit, it has to come from it (e.g. 2 LCUs attack, and take 3 hits; normally the Russian would obviously take the hit with the 3-3-3 LCU, but is now forced to apply them onto the SW Front)?

Or:

Does this apply to any attack in which hits taken, so in the above scenario the 2 hits are wasted as not enough to hit the SW Front (although it would be enough to eliminate the SCU)?

The rules sound ambiguous here. Any views?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in another thread somewhere that the hits are wasted. The answer seemed to be generally accepted as truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree, 11.3 states "Each player MUST fulfill as much of his loss number as possible without taking more losses than his loss number."

11.32 says that the SW Front must take the first step loss (if any)... leaves a lot to someone interpretation. I think the intent of the rule is that if's the first LCU step lost.

I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth just exactly what he was thinking of on this, that it can magically protect SCU's I find hard to except. What design idea was behind this one if so???

EDIT: PS I am the German in Henrik's question which is why I may sound a little more emotionally involved about the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6eeee/15762

Question:

The rule in question states the SW front MUST take the first step loss when attacking.

I would play that a LF value of 2 would not effect the SW front, but would effect the army stacked with it.

Ted Racier's Answer:
That's correct.

Edit: link to original query and responses: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6eeee/15721
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for digging that up Devon. I tried a search on Consim World and couldn't find it. I also posted this answer on Consim world as there are a lot of people that are stating otherwise.

Cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted has just officially answered this on Consim World and as Devon pointed out he re affirmed his answer from 2009. The SW Front does not shield SCU's from being hit, it must take the step loss first when it is able to do so.

Cheers
Kevin

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@@.ee6eeee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.