Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Tom Vasel's Wave 5 Review is Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Tower put up Tom Vasel's review of the Wave 5 ships today. Not any huge reveals here, apart from a closer look at the minis (the Bajoran does look quite nice) and our first look at the generic ship card slots.

http://youtu.be/F9gzCEGJ40Q

The generic slots are:

D'Kyr Class - 1 Tech, 1 Weapon, 1 Crew
Tactical Cube - 2 Borg, 1 Tech, 1 Weapon, 1 Crew
Bajoran Interceptor - 1 Tech, 1 Weapon
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A white-1-come-about on the Interceptor!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
A white-1-come-about on the Interceptor!!


Yup. Same dial as the Fed Fighters and the Tholian ship.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
That Interceptor is a tight little ship. I may have to get more than one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tactical Cube is going to look so good with LEDs and a repaint.

The Bajoran named ship could've atleast had a single shield so the generics pricing would make more sense. I think they could've had perhaps 3 different named interceptor cards so we could field a few with some neat benefits but oh well.

I'm a bit surprised that the Vulcans aren't between Federation and Klingon in the initiative order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumDT wrote:
The Tactical Cube is going to look so good with LEDs and a repaint.

The Bajoran named ship could've atleast had a single shield so the generics pricing would make more sense. I think they could've had perhaps 3 different named interceptor cards so we could field a few with some neat benefits but oh well.


Shields would mean we couldn't as easily use Cyrano Jones on these guys.

Attacking your Opponent at 3/4/3/0 with Tribbles is pro. Throw in Terrell, and these guys are practically cloaked.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Illyth wrote:
Dice Tower put up Tom Vasel's review of the Wave 5 ships today. Not any huge reveals here, apart from a closer look at the minis (the Bajoran does look quite nice) and our first look at the generic ship card slots.


Also confirms that the generic Interceptor is 16 points--making it much less viable as a swarm build.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Illyth wrote:
Dice Tower put up Tom Vasel's review of the Wave 5 ships today. Not any huge reveals here, apart from a closer look at the minis (the Bajoran does look quite nice) and our first look at the generic ship card slots.


Also confirms that the generic Interceptor is 16 points--making it much less viable as a swarm build.


Not sure I agree on this, though I'm sure there are different feelings on what minimum number of ships constitutes a swarm and in what sense a swarm is viable. For my thinking viable is a balance of survivability and damage potential before a loss.

I look at the Interceptors and see a very interesting swarm with 5 ships each equipped with Phaser Strike. I like the first strike capability from Phaser Strike and the 3 agility is pretty big. I guess I find both of these as well as the base 2 attack dice to outweigh the loss of the cloak and couple extra ships from a Science Vessel/Donatra swarm build. And I like the greater agility and first strike capability over a Raptor Swarm build's greater base attack dice and lower agility.

That's my take though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know there was doubt about the generic interceptor's cost. The Praetus and its generic are the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No new Kardashian ships. cry lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
No new Kardashian ships. cry lol


Have faith brother and hope for one in the brick. (fingers crossed)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
No new Kardashian ships. cry lol


I know I was hoping for a new version of Gul Ducket, too.

(We love you, Tom!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.