8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Gamer's Clue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
msg tools
mbmb
I am looking for a deduction game along the lines of clue but for gamers. I am not looking for something like Letters from Whitechapel or Coup. Also I am aware of Mystery Express but do not like the clock mechanic. Also if it was a little heavier than Mystery of the Abbey that would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Try Deduce or Die; among it's other benefits, it's free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
011 has some Clue elements, as you need to deduce which character is the Chosen One who can find a mystical song that will prevent Ragnarok from occurring.

The game has its flaws, especially that the game drags on with 5-6 players, and the miniatures need to be painted/marked on their bases or they are very hard to distinguish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleuth - both a Sid Sackson classic and a great deduction game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wood
Australia
Scarborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystery Express is the closest you will find to gamer's clue and you can quite easily leave the clock mechanic out of the game and still have a great deduction game. You still have Motive, Suspect, Location and Modus Operandi cards to work out. The clock mechanic can just be ignored and still have a challenging game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have a look at P.I. it is in many ways similiar to clue. I personally think it is the better game of the 2. But it still has its weaknesses. (I sold it to a gaming buddy whose wife really loved the game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hieru Youko
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
What about Le Fantôme de l'Opéra? It might not be as heavy as Mystery of the Abbey but it's a good deduction game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not be as heavy as you're looking for, but NOIR: Deductive Mystery Game is a great deduction game that plays from 2 - 4 players. I've even played it with 5 and it was a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.