Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the topic says, I'm looking for a list of measurements for each individual ship. I'm thinking of getting some sort of custom foam storage/transport bag, and I want to know what thickness layers I would need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't share until I get my Tantive IV on... Tuesday I think? Gosh darn memorial day adding a day of shipping time...

It will be worth the wait, I'm sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tantive needs 3 inches of foam.
Lambda- 2 inches deep
Falcon, slave 1, tie fighters, B wing need 1.5 inch foam
Tie bomber, interceptors, hawks, tie advanced, x-wings, y-wings all do well in 1 inch of foam. Some can be double stacked in deeper foam. Y -wings for instance take up a whole .5 inches each, you can stack tons of them. A wings are .75 inches deep.

Sorry all my measurements are in inches, battelfoam is in inches and is what I use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Broye
msg tools
Is Transport also 3 inches like the Tantive? or less?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wade
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waves 1/2 - I used 1.5" foam for my designs. It's overkill on most of the ships, but I wanted enough room for the dials, bases, cards, etc. I did one rebel tray with 6 X, 3 Y, 3 A, one Imperial tray with 6 TIE, 3 TIE Adv, 3 TIE Int, and then a "Misc" tray with 1 Falcon and 1 Slave 1.

Wave 3 - 2" Foam with 3 B-Wing, 3 TIE Bomber, 2 HWK, and 1 Shuttle.

Tantive IV and Rebel Transport - Still in process but will be on 3" foam. The downside here is that the ship is 13" long. As the trays I make are also 13" long and 7.5" wide, I have to make a double wide tray that will have a 15x13" footprint. I'm debating whether to make it with 2 Blockade Runners or 2 Blockade Runners and 2 Rebel Transports.

Wave 4 - Waiting to get my hands on models, probably 1.5" foam with spots for 3 of each model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Tantive, I'm thinking you might be able to fit it diagonally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wade
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:

I wish. Laid it on a regular 7.5x13" tray and the engines and bridge both poked outside the footprint. The Tantive is pretty massive and unfortunately double wide is the only way I can fit it in my trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnSWkOVuBZ8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebel transport is 1.75 inches deep. Basically you need two inches of foam for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wade
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
Rebel transport is 1.75 inches deep. Basically you need two inches of foam for it.

You are completely correct. I put the transport on the 3" tray with the Tantive IV because I plan on putting the two together. But I can obviously mix ships around for custom work if that's what people want.

I did however finally get the design for the Tantive IV done and there is no way I could fit it on a 7.5x13 tray, so that begs the question, how many of the large ships is everyone planning on getting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
Sorry all my measurements are in inches, battelfoam is in inches and is what I use.

That's what I'm looking at getting, so this helped a ton. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Broye
msg tools
Thanks for the measurements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.