Subject: August release announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
From the latest Kickstarter update:

Quote:
We had mentioned it offhandedly here and there, but a couple people brought to my attention that I hadn't made a formal announcement yet.

We are currently targeted August as our launch month. The delay is mostly due to the extra art that had to be done for 'Mancers and Summer Break, as well as a few family issues with our artist.

Now that things are in the hands of our printer, we have a tight deadline set for early August, to debut the game at GenCon 2014 and ship it out to you at the same time.

Two months behind the originally proposed release date is right on time as far as I'm concerned with Kickstarter. Can't wait to get this in August!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like no release date is final until the finished product is in the hands of the publisher. Manufacturing and shipping are just such informational swamps! It seems like there are always new bad surprises to stumble on.

But even so, I hold out hope for this to arrive in time for me to play it with the British friend who's in town through the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
grasa_total wrote:
I feel like no release date is final until the finished product is in the hands of the publisher. Manufacturing and shipping are just such informational swamps! It seems like there are always new bad surprises to stumble on.

But even so, I hold out hope for this to arrive in time for me to play it with the British friend who's in town through the summer.

Yeah, and this is Level99's first game with miniatures, isn't it? The proofs looked good but who knows what unforseen hurdles could arise.

But I will remain an eternal optimist for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be ok, with Pixel Tactics 3 coming I can hold out until September no worries.

Mind you, I could do that with all of Lvl99Games products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
grasa_total wrote:

Yeah, and this is Level99's first game with miniatures, isn't it? The proofs looked good but who knows what unforseen hurdles could arise.

Wow, this point keeps escaping me. We are going to have actual figures! How exciting is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
grasa_total wrote:

Wow, this point keeps escaping me. We are going to have actual figures! How exciting is that?

It could be the start of great things for the future! We'll see how this game goes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i sent a KS message but it doesnt hurt to ask here too, any chance for a gen con pickup so save shipping time/cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it comes in time for my birthday in August - that would be an awesome gift!

But I don't get excited about any ship date until they are actually shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still on target for August? Since files were just sent recently, it seems like an awfully fast turnaround.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August 31st is the date here in Australia right now, and only just got my backer kit confirmation email yesterday. So I'm ruling out August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salemchrist wrote:
August 31st is the date here in Australia right now, and only just got my backer kit confirmation email yesterday. So I'm ruling out August.

From the Kickstarter update:
Quote:
We're finally back from GenCon, AND I have received fixed proofs of the VAC tray and stands for Argent, and approved both, so the game is now finishing production. We're hoping to have it in our hands by the end of September, but it could be a few weeks longer, just due to shipping delays and customs and all the things that can go wrong there too.

So, it looks like the estimate is end of September to mid-October. As it relates to time frames for board game releases, I think expecting it by November is pretty realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just hoping I have it by BGG.con so I can play it there. As long as that happens, I'm happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really a shame if it slips in to the post-Essen mayhem of games and get's overshadowed by that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be available for spiel 2014?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
I'm just hoping I have it by BGG.con so I can play it there. As long as that happens, I'm happy.

I lied; my complacency is melting away and I just want the game NOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this will available at Spiel Essen? I have seen no mentions of it so far, but I would love to get a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traitor76 wrote:
Does anyone know if this will available at Spiel Essen? I have seen no mentions of it so far, but I would love to get a copy.

I don't think so, as it has not shipped yet. It should be shipping any day now though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Shampoo4you wrote:
Traitor76 wrote:

I don't think so, as it has not shipped yet. It should be shipping any day now though!

Do you know if the sample Brad mentioned in his last update has arrived yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Traitor76 wrote:

Not yet, I will ask him today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Shampoo4you wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
Traitor76 wrote:

Not yet, I will ask him today!

Tell him to update on Kickstarter when you do! It's been almost two weeks! The masses demand soothing!

Well, okay, if there's no news then there's no news, and not much content for an update. But I'm still jonesing for Argent info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.