Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Do Scots have to keep all units that a castle can support? Or can the optionally disband any unit (aside from Nobles, excluding Moray)? The rules make it sound like only excess units are disbanded, whereas it specifically says the English can always disband anyone (except nobles).

(2) Does the Scottish King count against castle limits, considering he can "teleport" just about anywhere? (Seems the answer is "yes" since there is no exemption specifically granted him).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flannel Golem
United States
Bemidji
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re (2): yes, the Scottish king does count against castle limits wherever he ends up for the Winter

As for (1): interesting question. I don't see how allowing the Scots any non-noble-plus-Moray optional disbands they like would be unbalancing. It would seem inefficient for the Scots as they'd have to rebuild from scratch the points they already had before the disband, so if they want to take the hit for strategic reasons of their own, why not? I'd allow it.
Note: the f2fgaming.com site for online HotS play is supported by CG, and their interface allows optional Scottish disbands, so that could be construed as at least tacit company support for the house-rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Scots may optionally disband according to my version 2.2 rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's a question: what if the Scottish King is in a 1 castle Noble's area when Winter hits? Since the noble can't disband, must the king disband if he can't find a friendly area with a Cathedral?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes , in that case the king would be forced to disband.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
you can choose to disband any non noble, including wallace, and send them to the pool.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.