Popular Tags: [View All]
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that there are certain cards that indicate that playing the card counts as a military operation, but I was curious what else counts as military operations? I don't think we played this rule correctly.

Also, other than cards telling you to do so, what lowers or raises defcon status? This is another thing I felt we played incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Coups = military operation

Defcon is lowered when you do a coup in a battleground country (blue bar across the top).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:

Defcon is lowered when you do a coup in a battleground country (blue bar across the top).

Agreed, and it's also worth noting that DEFCON is bumped up by one after each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Teasdale
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Check out the Pensky File on YouTube!
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:

Just an additional FYI, the number of military ops is the number of ops points on the card you play for the coup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:

Excluding so called "free coups" provided by certain cards like e.g. Che or Tear Down This Wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
Canada
Rocky Mountain House
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
cyb3k wrote:
leroy43 wrote:

Excluding so called "free coups" provided by certain cards like e.g. Che or Tear Down This Wall.

Don't have the game in front of me but I'm pretty sure Che does provide MilOps, Junta doesn't though (as it says free coup)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, since we are on the subject of coups, lets say I coup a country and lose. Does that mean that I lose influence in that country? The way we played it I did, but we were both confused about the way it worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
Also, since we are on the subject of coups, lets say I coup a country and lose. Does that mean that I lose influence in that country? The way we played it I did, but we were both confused about the way it worked.

No, there's never a negative consequence of a coup except perhaps wasted ops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
harlemsushi wrote:

There can be a negative consequences of a coup, when DEFCON is 2 and you coup in a battleground county
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
felipe1982 wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
harlemsushi wrote:

There can be a negative consequences of a coup, when DEFCON is 2 and you coup in a battleground county

How can that be negative? You win the game. Well...no one is left alive to dispute your claim of victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couping a battleground country while DEFCON is 2 makes you lose the game, not win it.
Unless, of course, you are not the phasing player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dharion Orrostar
msg tools
mbmbmb
felipe1982 wrote:

Maybe he just wanted to re-create Fallout Struggle instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.