Subject: UK - cheap dice storage solution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably work out precisely how to store and transporter the game once. Uncanny X-men is out, and for now my AvX dice and cards fit nicely in a Raaco Handycase, but I think that the long-term solution will include a bunch of cheap trays from Poundworld/Poundland (or wherever it was that I bought them. Don't ask the price - if you can't guess, you're not destined to do very well at this game).

The trays hold 72 dice quite neatly, and unlike deeper trays the dice are fairly easy to get out of the tray. By the way, don't be tempted to use the screws that come free with every tray; they're rubbish. I'm struggling to think of a use for them, and if there was a way to get the trays without the screws I'd be all over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once your collection expands, check out the storage trays at Wilkinson's. Got one for £4 last week that'd easily hold two booster boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigger/deeper storage trays are easily found. Not so easy is getting the dice out of them. Right now, I'm using something that holds lots of little containers, with 6 dice to each container. But these Pound-whatever trays are probably more suitable. You'd need two to hold 4 each of all of the character dice in AvX; I'm planning on using 5 - to hold everything from AvX, UX and the starter dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.