Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Number of cards in a deck may vary (40-60) but one universal CCG/LCG deck convention seems to be "no more than three of a card per deck."

I found some mixed GoT:LCG cards on the secondary market to add to my core set. As a result I have two questions:

1) Other than to perhaps build more than one deck per house, is there any reason to keep more than 3 of a specific card limited to a single house?

2) I assume all the different versions of a named personality card (e.g. Arya) count as that card? IOW, only three Arya cards total no matter the version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The only reason I can think of would be to build multiple decks per house.

2. Correct - only 3 named Arya. This would even mean only 3 Nymeria (Direwolf) total - not 3 Nymeria Attachments plus 3 Nymeria Characters (which would be 6 total).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I thought. So now it looks like I have about 40 random surplus cards. Anyone want them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
2) I assume all the different versions of a named personality card (e.g. Arya) count as that card? IOW, only three Arya cards total no matter the version.

In Game of Thrones? Yeah. I seem to remember other CCGs that would actually count different cards with the same title separately for their per-deck limits.

4 per deck limits used to be fairly common. Magic: The Gathering, and a bunch of the WotC games used that. I also remember seeing 2 per deck limits occasionally (The X-Files comes to mind immediately). I seem to remember Decipher used 3s and 4s. But 3 per deck does seem to have become the standard most of the time, certainly with FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.