Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Krump
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to get this because I love Street Fighter, and I wanted to expand the cards available for my DC Super Heroes deck(s). The problem is, there are so many little rules changes that make them basically incompatible. Street Fighter Characters get a counter attack they can sometimes (rarely) use, while DC characters get an every turn ability. Plus the weaknesses from Street Fighter are super easy to get rid of while DC one stay until you can destroy them.

Anybody come up with some good integration rules? I mean right now it looks like Naruto will be more compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
It was suggested by the creators that when you combine you decide first if you are going to go after DC villains or Street Fighter stages.
Pick one not both. Whichever one you decide then that is how you choose which weakness to use for that game.

There is nothing wrong with mixing the heroes.

If I keep the DC villains then I mix the Street Fighter stages into the main deck as buyable cards except the last one which has no ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not mix the whole set - but I have mixed the two DC heroes boxes and it would get a bit too big with Street Fighter as well. What you could do is choose only the cards in the main deck that fit with the DC Heroes set (mostly defence cards and 'vanilla' cards, I suppose).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
I would not mix the whole set - but I have mixed the two DC heroes boxes and it would get a bit too big with Street Fighter as well. What you could do is choose only the cards in the main deck that fit with the DC Heroes set (mostly defence cards and 'vanilla' cards, I suppose).

Should have mentioned that as well.

I thinned out the 3 games so that they were still around the same size but with mostly just the combo cards so that they all still worked well.

One thing that I have tried that works is to add in a search mechanism like ST Deck builder so that each person can remove one card from the main 5 to the bottom of the main deck and put out another on their turn. This allows for a larger deck size and you can see the cards faster. Adds in a strategy to remove cards that are either to expensive for you right now or are better for your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Krump
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the use of weaknesses makes perfect sense.

My only other issue is the Street Fighters' abilities. They get an Ultra card which may or may not show up when you need it AND you have to buy it ahead of time. Their counterattack is also incredibly situational and relies on having the ultra in your hand when attacked. Any ideas on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are mixing DC with Street Fight you should either use only DC or only Street Fighter Superheroes, or have each player play with a DC and SF Superhero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My initial thought would be to play with the "super powered" street fighter characters (3 Ultras each) if you're mixing and matching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.