1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Highlights of the Season 3 Panel from CMON Expo! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More news will be coming in the next few days, for now here are highlights as posted by Tabletop Gaming News from today's panel. Most important is that the S3 Kickstarter will happen the last week of June!

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2014/05/24/89011/

3D door tokens coming with new Kickstarter campaigns.
Lots of work put into them.

Want a diverse products list for the IP. With new survivors, dogs, extra zombies, etc.

How to achieve this?
Kickstarter totals are not net gains, but gross. The money, at the end is about equivalent to selling to distributers.
Kickstarter is a straightforward campaign format.
Yes, they’ve been late on things, but the goal is always giving quality on the table.

The idea is giving you the most possible to ensure high value for the return.
Always trying to listen to the customers.

And now to season 3.
12 survivors.
Team Abilities. Can create teams from the survivors for a semi-competitive feel.
Teams can choose actions during their turn.
“Charge” to move everyone for free and attack, for example.

Skinner zombies, new type. When they are killed, if you roll a 1, they become crawlers. They are the last on the threat list.

Hospital beds work similar to sewers, can spawn zombies.
Tents as well, possibly can be supplies… but maybe zombies.

New guest boxes coming as well.
3 new boxes coming.

New zombie boxes.
New weapons.
OPTIONAL! PvP rules.
RPG elements to the game. Stand-alone product.
Plastic scenery.
New plastic tokens.
3D elements.
New pets.

Angry Neighbors, a new expansion for season 3.
This is the expansion for those that created custom, special heroes and zombies.
New zombie type: seekers. They spawn and extra-activate on the same card.
Ground holes to trap heroes and zombies.

A-bomb Abomination. Drags others into his place.
New human companions like dog companions.
Gunman, extra die to a ranged attack, or an action to do an attack with him, for example.

Last week of June for the launch.
Tooling happening now for the plastics.

Q&A:

The best minis is because of the relationship with the factory that makes the minis.
Also because the models are traditionally sculpted.
3D is got, but the fine-detail is not yet there.
Also the Rackham background.

New weapons such as swords and bows. Also bullet proof vest. La Guillotine axe. Urban mace. Sabers.

A question was raised about modern military minis. A longer break may come before season 4. A theme of a future expansion may be something like that. It has been considered.

There is a realistic hope for the success of the new campaign. They have thought heavily about the costs of production, including shipping.

There is a continued focus to preserve the values of a quality, simple, fun game, even with all the expansions.

There will be new map sets coming after season 3.

The update to the Apple app. is coming soon. It is in the works now, including special characters from the game.
There will be a cost for the TCM and Prison Outbreak content.
Unavoidably needed, but a moderate cost.

*update: recording of panel!*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This all sounds great!
I'm not a fan of terrain elements (not against them either), but there will certainly be plenty of people to buy the terrain and help along the KS.
I wouldn't mind upgrading to plastic tokens, though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new artists boxes (I'm hoping for one by Eric Powell (( The Goon))).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks a bunch for posting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also known as
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Looks interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RPG elements?...it all sounds...i dont know...but the boxes looks sooo cool...the new zombies are not for me and i was really really hoping for zombie bosses...about the expansion i really have no idea what they mean but i wish they would set a course for their game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon Gamma wrote:

Looks interesting!

Is that Dr. Demento?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Carmen wrote:
Weapon Gamma wrote:

Looks interesting!

Is that Dr. Demento?!

LOL.

Or could that be Shoogoo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I'll keep an eye on it but so far it sounds like I'll be skipping it. The new zombie types don't sound too interesting, just 'luck' effects as opposed to strategy impacts (which the season 2 ones were, forcing you to melee or shoot.) Nothing else seems like it's really solid design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Sounds like ill buy the tiles, and maybe an expansion, but not the whole s3.. Just like I should have done with the PO and TO...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Together with the Designer Notes #23 and the other hints we got, I think I will love the S3.

About the 3D-terrain-parts, I think I can resist to get them, but they will be some backers interested in them, so why not

Same about the RPG elements, many backers could be interested.
I hope they will make longer campaigns possible.

About the new Zombies, there is not really much informations about them. The skinners would make the melee more dangerous. The Seekers creating extra activations will make me hate them. :-)

But the Zombies are not the most important part of the game. It is the competitive mode and hopefully there will be something like a IQ Deck to make it possible to use an enemy group of survivors in solo mode.

It looks like the 3rd Season will make it possible to have many game elements to add, after playing everything from the last seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(i saw thoses photos on trictrac)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omg.

CMON is lying hard here.

Yes, they’ve been late on things, but the goal is always giving quality on the table. (Failprints anyone without replacements?)

Always trying to listen to the customers. (Since when?)

A longer break may come before season 4 (As you said before Season 3).

I am done with you. Once and for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre zanollo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
But the Zombies are not the most important part of the game.

What !?!?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zanollo wrote:
Teskal wrote:

What !?!?!?!?

Of course a broken team vs team mechanic is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre zanollo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rpg, 3d stuff, human companions (?), semi—competitive fell (!?!?), roll 1 for crowler instead death.

Give me all the zombies, because I will make a house rulebook and a better Zcide game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
This is gonna be expensive again
I hope I can resist all the extras.
S3 box AND angry neighbours... ugh... And a S4 next year too??? *runs*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:

You don't have facts on your side on this one dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know what they mean by RPG elements?...i hope it means a real story...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
zanollo wrote:
Teskal wrote:

What !?!?!?!?

:-)
I think I would have asked the same... They are still important, but GG and CMON said next game will be more about Survivors. What I meant is the that the influence of the new Zombies will not the only big influence for the game.

Beckikaze wrote:
Omg.

CMON is lying hard here.

Yes, they’ve been late on things, but the goal is always giving quality on the table. (Failprints anyone without replacements?)

Always trying to listen to the customers. (Since when?)

I am done with you. Once and for all.

That there will be no replacements for the failprints was not a decision made by CMON and not an error made by them. (CMON never would blame their partners, which I really like, but in the WoK KS they said GG would try everything to avoid this issue with the crossovers, after someone asked after possible missing numbers.) But I prefer to see CMON/GG together which is most of the time very goofd, because I think everyone knows how some projects with other partners worked out...

I do not like the failprint either, but they offered later that they will replace them with the Season 3 Kickstarter for free and you will get even every other promo card with them.

During the WoK Kickstarter they listened and made more variants for several mini's.

I never heard there will be have a longer break after Season 3. Not while the Zombicide S2 KS was running, they did even told during S2 that Survivors will be more important in the next season. And GG made already a first announcement of S3 at AUG 20th last year in the Designer Notes #23. Why making an announcement so early, if they do not plan to make a new KS soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh God I hope CMON is correct about season 4 (I was really hoping they'd stop at Season 3 so I could focus on playing and not buying).

I think I'm going to have to take out a home line of credit for season 3 if all the things I'm hearing are correct...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiff Reynolds
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
LOL.

Or could that be Shoogoo?

I can verify that Shoogoo and I are both on this box (betcha can't guess which one is me!), and I am 99% positive the 3rd "I Am Legend" backer is, as well.

I assume the GG original 4th character is the less crisp-looking guy in the back, but I haven't seen anyone's sketches but my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the zombie on the front with the sunglasses is my friend Shawn, apparently he's a Seeker Runner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found two more pictures online from the panel, here's the new tent token:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess it looks like a buy.

Excited about:
Skinner zombies
New weapons
RPG elements to the game
Plastic scenery
3D elements
New pets
Ground holes
A-bomb Abomination
New human companions like dog companions

Lukewarm on:
12 survivors
Team Abilities
Hospital beds
Tents
PvP rules
New plastic tokens
Seeker zombies

Meh:
3 new guest boxes coming
New zombie boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sharkey1337 wrote:
Found two more pictures online from the panel, here's the new tent tile:

Tent tile? Do you mean that the tent we see on the picture is one actual tile? Or does the image only show some of the tile? I am wondering since the shape of the tent tile looks nowhere near the tile shape that we are used to.
Or is it because tents are more like small tokens to put on the tiles? Similiar to the barricades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.