Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions about the flare up markers. First, lets say that there is a hot spot with a smoke marker on it (lets say in black 3 red 2), and say we roll the die in black 4 and red 2 which turns an existing smoke into a fire. The smoke in black 3 and red 2 will now become a fire, does that mean that a flare up occurs, or since there was already an existing marker there, is its effect ignored?

Second question, assuming we are playing in the recruit level, if a hazmat explodes, we put a hot spot marker on its space, but does this marker come from one of the 6 at the top of the board or from the extra markers that weren't part of the initial setup?

Bonus question, why is this game so much fun?! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only reroll if you roll a hot spot directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe additional hot spot markers only from the initial six.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I believe additional hot spot markers only from the initial six.

Exactly, after the six extra are placed, no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
Second question, assuming we are playing in the recruit level, if a hazmat explodes, we put a hot spot marker on its space, but does this marker come from one of the 6 at the top of the board or from the extra markers that weren't part of the initial setup?

Gah! More important question - how come I've not noticed that in the rules before now?!

jurney85 wrote:

Someone forget to remove the extra helping of awesomeness before sending it to the printers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:

Okay, I guess I have been playing it wrong then. I was thinking that if there was an explosion for example that caused fire to go in a space with a hit spot marker, a flare up would occur then. Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:

It is easy to learn and hard to master. When you think you have mastered the game you turn the dial up a notch and continue to play.

The games difficulty scales really well.

The spread of the fire is very chaotic and can not be predicted. As much as you try to decided what you are going to do on your turn, you never rally know until the player before you rolls to advance the fire and then (if needed) placed a new Point of Interest marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jas Brown
Australia
Boat Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
jurney85 wrote:

Okay, I guess I have been playing it wrong then. I was thinking that if there was an explosion for example that caused fire to go in a space with a hit spot marker, a flare up would occur then. Thanks for the response.

We are only new to this game but we have been playing it this way because it seems logical. If an explosion hits a hotspot, something bad should happen, so we do an advance fire roll. It doesnt say this in the rules, but like I said, it makes sense, and adds to the excitement. I would welcome opinions on the matter though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you play in your own games is up to you, of course. But going by the rules, hotspots only matter when you hit them on Advance Fire, and that's the way I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmazingJas wrote:
jurney85 wrote:

We are only new to this game but we have been playing it this way because it seems logical. If an explosion hits a hotspot, something bad should happen, so we do an advance fire roll. It doesnt say this in the rules, but like I said, it makes sense, and adds to the excitement. I would welcome opinions on the matter though.

Playing this way made it really difficult for us. Thematically it makes sense, but game play wise it makes things a lot harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.