5 Posts

The Red Dragon Inn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gambling and Saving Money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Thomas

South Carolina
msg tools
Ok. I have a question about Gambling. I don't own the game myself, so I don't know the name of the cards. My buddy owns RDI1 and RDI2. Our go to game at the moment. Hopefully you will get what I am asking.

Here is my question.

The Cards that allow you to use the Inns Money instead of your own. I get the ones that allow you to leave. You leave your money, but don't have to keep adding if ppl raise.

My issue is the Cards that allow you to use the Inn's Money.

IE...

During the Gambling we have run up the ante'd in money to 5 gold each. Player A plays winning hand and we each pass as we have nothing to stop it and Player A starts to collect the money. Player B is Girki and plays a card that says "If you are going to lose money use the Inn's gold instead of your own". Some of us read that as ok b/c Player B is about to lose his gold. So he pays the 5 gold from the Inn to player A instead of his stack. Others in the group say "No. He commented that Gold already to the Gambling. He already lost it. He lost it as soon as it was anted up"

What is the correct way to do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
It is no longer your money once it goes into the pot (anted Gold). The card cannot be used in the manner Player B intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, when it hits the pot it is no longer your money. The card rarely protects you from paying more than one coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to play the card when you put the money into the ante.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone above is correct. I'll massage it a bit.

When you enter a round of Gambling you lose Gold when you Ante. That means any sometimes cards that let you avoid Gambling, pay with Gold from the Inn, or not pay Gold at all (e.g. Eve's Illusionary Coin) must be played BEFORE you actually put the Gold in the Pot. Once Gold has been Anted, it is no longer any character's gold. Even while you are winning the pot it's not your money until you've actually put it in your Stash. This concept is important for "I guess the Wench thought that was her Tip" which cannot be avoided using a "Pay from the Inn" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.