Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 3 Pure Dominion Builds for Web - Which to go with? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Payersay Tollsay
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The local Store I play at is only allowing Pure Faction builds for Tholian Web. I like it. All the way through the Dominion War, I played the Dominion and want to continue doing so. I'm not sure any of these builds are that competitive and I'd sure be willing to take some tips.


Dominion Build #1

Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Breen Battle Cruiser (24)
Thot Pran (5)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 34

Jem'Hadar Battleship (34)
Gul Dukat (5)
Photon Torpedoes (6)
Ship SP: 45

Total Build SP: 99


OR

Dominion Build #2

Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Luaran (2)
Breen Aide (0)
Ship SP: 26

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Gul Dukat (5)
Ship SP: 29

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Sar (1)
Ship SP: 25

Total Build SP: 100


OR

Dominion Build #3

Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Toth Gor (4)
Cloaking Device (4)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Ship SP: 35

Jem'Hadar Battleship (34)
Gul Dukat (5)
Photon Torpedoes (6)
Ship SP: 45

Total Build SP: 100


Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I always vote for Keldons, the more the better! Build 2! But take Boheeka not Breen Aide, Boheeka is way better.

If you go With Build 3, trade out Thot Gor for Gul Evek and pair Dukat with Boheeka.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Payersay Tollsay
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
I always vote for Keldons, the more the better! Build 2! But take Boheeka not Breen Aide, Boheeka is way better.

If you go With Build 3, trade out Thot Gor for Gul Evek and pair Dukat with Boheeka.


I really like the punch that the Keldons bring to the table for their cost, but man they sure are brittle...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay_the_Toll wrote:
delta_angelfire wrote:
I always vote for Keldons, the more the better! Build 2! But take Boheeka not Breen Aide, Boheeka is way better.

If you go With Build 3, trade out Thot Gor for Gul Evek and pair Dukat with Boheeka.


I really like the punch that the Keldons bring to the table for their cost, but man they sure are brittle...


None of them unless you're confident you can end the match quick. You're going to regret having either a Keldon or a Battlship in you fleet in the later rounds when the web closes in. If it makes it all the way closed I don't see how a Keldon or Battleship doesn't run into a web.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or a Keldon. Turn two plus bank two ends up in the web pretty quickly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Payersay Tollsay
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was certainly worried about maneuverability and no I'm not confident I can end it quickly.

Galor, Keldon and Battleship all have poor dials. That certainly doesn't leave much for the Dominion on this one does it?

How's this?

List Name

Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Gor Portas (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Photon Torpedoes (5)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 43

Rav Laerst (26)
Luaran (2)
Photon Torpedoes (3)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 36

Total Build SP: 99

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html


It's certianly more maneuverable, but it seems to lack some punch.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I played this list:

Rav Laerst
Gelnon
Boheeka
Energy Dissipator

Kraxon
Gul Danar

Koranak
Gul Dukat

Command Tokens



The highlight of the night I was able to take down an ablatived borg sphere before it fired. The other sphere just toyed with me, though there was a couple of moves I could have done better. I don't think it would have worked. I went 0-2, the other list was a romulan one with 2x cloaked mines. I really wished I had worked a dorsal weapons array into the list for the last little bit. I was able to pilot in the completed web, but I couldn't get a firing arc on anyone. It was faction pure, and I found out after I got there that they were still using admiral's orders. Dangit!



Edit:

I like the command tokens for ED better, but if I had to use the fighters in faction pure dominion I'd try this list:


Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Rav Laerst (26)
Gelnon (3)
Boheeka (2)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Ship SP: 39

Kraxon (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Captured Intelligence (3)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Ship SP: 40

Total Build SP: 99


You just gotta bank that Gelnon will either get a battlestations, or hit the ship with a hit/crit when he attacks. Fly them all close, but the Kraxon further behind. Kraxon can soak up a lot of hits to your other ships to keep them alive until ED goes off. You'll be firing before the borg will with this list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Pay_the_Toll wrote:
I was certainly worried about maneuverability and no I'm not confident I can end it quickly.
Galor, Keldon and Battleship all have poor dials. That certainly doesn't leave much for the Dominion on this one does it?
How's this?
List Name
Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)
Gor Portas (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Photon Torpedoes (5)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 43
Rav Laerst (26)
Luaran (2)
Photon Torpedoes (3)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 36
Total Build SP: 99
Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html
It's certianly more maneuverable, but it seems to lack some punch.

I'm a big fan of the Cardassian ships, but I think I'd run this build before any of the builds with Keldons, Galors, or the battleship. I believe you'll have a little too much trouble avoiding the web.

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that a multi Keldon build was the only non borg fleet at my venue to beat a borg fleet. The two Breen builds I saw both fared very poorly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Blackwell
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
underling wrote:
Pay_the_Toll wrote:
I was certainly worried about maneuverability and no I'm not confident I can end it quickly.
Galor, Keldon and Battleship all have poor dials. That certainly doesn't leave much for the Dominion on this one does it?
How's this?
List Name
Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)
Gor Portas (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Photon Torpedoes (5)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 43
Rav Laerst (26)
Luaran (2)
Photon Torpedoes (3)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 36
Total Build SP: 99
Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html
It's certianly more maneuverable, but it seems to lack some punch.

I'm a big fan of the Cardassian ships, but I think I'd run this build before any of the builds with Keldons, Galors, or the battleship. I believe you'll have a little too much trouble avoiding the web.

Kevin


That list is similar to the one I ran. I think it would have done better if not for poor piloting and PSFs shutting me down when I got in position
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
delta_angelfire wrote:
I will say that a multi Keldon build was the only non borg fleet at my venue to beat a borg fleet. The two Breen builds I saw both fared very poorly.

Were they able to win before the web got very small? Or did the game last more than seven turns?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
underling wrote:
delta_angelfire wrote:
I will say that a multi Keldon build was the only non borg fleet at my venue to beat a borg fleet. The two Breen builds I saw both fared very poorly.

Were they able to win before the web got very small? Or did the game last more than seven turns?


The Keldons took out the sphere and damaged the fighters then went into the web around round 6. The match ended with fighters vs fighters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Staley
msg tools
Although math was never my strong suit IIRC 39 + 40 = 79. You would have an extra 21 points to spend on cotton candy and Tribbles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Burns
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this Sunday afternoon in a couple of friendly games (not the Web) at a new store:

Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Koranak (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Captured Intelligence (3)
Boheeka (2)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Ship SP: 42

Kraxon (26)
Weyoun (4)
Glinn Telle (3)
Forward Weapons Grid (5)
Ship SP: 38

Total Build SP: 100

It did quite well, demolishing a Klingon fleet (a Negh'Var and a Koraga duo) and then a really nasty Federation fleet (Voyager backed up by a Southerland), both in pretty short order. I lost the Kraxon each turn, but that's what it's there for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.