Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Played once (4-player), and most of the rounds saw three players just getting four or five different cards for the VPs and ignoring the progression cards. Consequently the same development card was in position #1 for many consecutive turns and the same event took place. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is. Since the front-most development card also determines the event for any given turn, sometimes it's beneficial to take a development card if that means that the next event will be detrimental to the other players (e.g., Pirates for players with lots of ships, Fire for players with lots of storehouses).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
I see that, but the others in the game didn't much care....

Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:
I see that, but the others in the game didn't much care....

Thx.

Sounds like a player issue, then

In all seriousness, if no-one else was going after them, then you and the select other players who didn't go for doubloons from turn one pretty much had your pick of development cards/events. The Indigenous people event, in particular, punishes players who are going for sets of different cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, it was a player issue. They all prefer gamers' games, and two of them were whining from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.