Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Tholian Web OP7 video batrep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a video of my 3 battles in OP7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9J35-aURc&feature=youtu.be

I took in a pure faction Klingon fleet:
Ch'Tang with Klingon Flagship, Koloth, and cheap Photon Torpedoes
Vor'cha-class with Gowron
Vor'cha-class with Martok (skill 8)

The top 2 winners of the tournament were:

Double Borg Spheres, one with Feedback pulse, Flagship, Tac Drone

and

Borg Sphere 4270 with 2 Borg Ablative Armors (would take 22 damage to kill)
Apnex with Cloaked Mines
Hideki Fighters

I fought against the latter build in my third game. Not a lot of fun to go against. All three of his units were exceedingly difficult to destroy: the Apnex was rolling 7 defence dice and was using evade, the Fighters take at least four separate ship attacks to kill by themselves, and the Borg Sphere could take up to 15 damage before you were even allowed to touch the 7 hull!



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Abes
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
good rep, I wonder though, how are you doing a sensor echo on all 3 ships on the turn they are cloaking? Afaik the cloak is an action, and sensor echo is an action that requires you to be cloaked.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abes1981 wrote:
good rep, I wonder though, how are you doing a sensor echo on all 3 ships on the turn they are cloaking? Afaik the cloak is an action, and sensor echo is an action that requires you to be cloaked.


Take a look again at the position of Martok's Vor'cha (the one in behind of the other two). Only two ships sensor echo in the turn they are cloaking:

Ch'Tang - Cloak as a free action (Klingon Flagship) and then Sensor Echo

Gowron's Vor'cha - Cloak as own action then Sensor Echo (second action given by Martok)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wilson
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Abes1981 wrote:
good rep, I wonder though, how are you doing a sensor echo on all 3 ships on the turn they are cloaking? Afaik the cloak is an action, and sensor echo is an action that requires you to be cloaked.


Take a look again at the position of Martok's Vor'cha (the one in behind of the other two). Only two ships sensor echo in the turn they are cloaking:

Ch'Tang - Cloak as a free action (Klingon Flagship) and then Sensor Echo

Gowron's Vor'cha - Cloak as own action then Sensor Echo (second action given by Martok)


Well Dan was making up for our brutal slaying of his spheres in the fun match. As for Mike, he made a team which he knew would win, for no other reason than to finally win a OP event.

Oh well, everyone got a ship, winning and losing didn't matter, and I killed a lot of Borg.

I still don't think the Borg are overpowered, powerful, absolutely. In this event, they really make you "that guy" for playing them.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which Borg did you kill? The only Sphere that I heard that was killed ran into the energy web. Of course, there were 14 people playing upstairs and downstairs so I didn't see much and was pretty engrossed in my own games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahe Stone wrote:


Well Dan was making up for our brutal slaying of his spheres in the fun match. As for Mike, he made a team which he knew would win, for no other reason than to finally win a OP event.

Oh well, everyone got a ship, winning and losing didn't matter, and I killed a lot of Borg.

I still don't think the Borg are overpowered, powerful, absolutely. In this event, they really make you "that guy" for playing them.



In the second round, Dan S. asked to read the text for the feedback pulse. It said I was supposed to assign an auxiliary power token when it was used. I thought to myself at the time, "Hey! I don't ever remember reading that, it's good to know!".

As I lay in bed that night thinking about the tournament, I remembered that I used the Feedback Pulse against your voyager in round one, and hadn't assigned myself the requisite APT! zombie

So really, my "victory" in that first round is questionable. If I had placed the APT as I should have, I would not have had the Battle Stations on the subsequent round. I don't know how many, if any, Battle Stations I rolled, but it may have been enough to keep your Voyager in the game a round longer, which could have turned things around.

Either way, I count it, in hindsight, as an undecided match.

DANVAN

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.