13 Posts

Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I have more than 3 dwellings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Yin Wong
Singapore
flag msg tools
If I already have 3 (ordinary) dwellings on my farm thereby providing room for 5 dwarfs, can I build more for the 3 points (each)? Specifically, can I take the Adventure action with a dwarf armed with a strength 11 weapon to build 2 dwellings for 2 wood and 2 stone each for a total of 6 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaizhi wrote:
If I already have 3 (ordinary) dwellings on my farm thereby providing room for 5 dwarfs, can I build more for the 3 points (each)? Specifically, can I take the Adventure action with a dwarf armed with a strength 11 weapon to build 2 dwellings for 2 wood and 2 stone each for a total of 6 points?

You can certainly have more dwelling than dwarves. However, when you go on an adventure with a dwarf you are only allowed to take one loot from each line or below the level of your adventurer. In other words, if you can claim 3 items of loot with a level 11 adventurer you can only build 1 dwelling and then claim 2 different loot items from two other lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaizhi wrote:

Yes, you can build dwelling solely for points.

You can only build 2 dwellings for 2 wood and 2 stone each on 2 separate expeditions, not one the same one. There is even an action space that provides two level 1 expeditions. On that action space, you sure could build 2 dwellings. You can build 2 dwellings on the same expedition if one of them is build via the level 7 loot item "furnish a cavern", but this dwelling would cost full price, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Kisvári
Hungary
Bokros
Csongrád
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build one dwelling for 2 wood and 2 stones (level 11) and on dwelling for 4 wood and 3 stones (level 7) but no more with one adventure action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is especially relevant for the dwelling that allows you to take the 6th dwarf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Gonjeshk wrote:
This is especially relevant for the dwelling that allows you to take the 6th dwarf.

What do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:

What do you mean?

You need to have a family of 5 dwarves before you can take the 6th, so you must build 3 other rooms first (2 if you built the double dwelling) making the room for your 6th dwarf your fourth room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
Randor20 wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:

What do you mean?

You need to have a family of 5 dwarves before you can take the 6th, so you must build 3 other rooms first (2 if you built the double dwelling) making the room for your 6th dwarf your fourth room.

And what does that have to do with the OP's question?

BTW, you can build the Additional Dwelling even way before you have your 5 dwarfs together (or even the dwellings to accomodate them). You cannot use it before you have 5 dwarfs, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Gonjeshk wrote:
Randor20 wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:

What do you mean?

Still not sure what you mean .

The OP was asking if you can build more than the 3 needed ordinary dwellings for housing 5 dwarves (knowing that you can never fill those, since only the Additional dwelling allows a 6th dwarf).

And actually you can build the Additional dwelling before having build any other dwellings, even if you can first fill it after you have 5 dwarves in other rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Yin Wong
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the responses.

The Adventure action space allows a dwarf to take 2 level 1 expeditions. Therefore a dwarf armed with a strength 11 weapon can furnish 2 ordinary dwellings for 2 wood and 2 stone each taking the action.

Thanks all once again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
In any case it doesn't really matter. I find it extremely unlikely that you wouldn't be able to find something more useful to do instead of building dwellings that you can use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funguy wrote:
... However, when you go on an adventure with a dwarf you are only allowed to take one loot from each line or below the level of your adventurer. In other words, if you can claim 3 items of loot with a level 11 adventurer you can only build 1 dwelling and then claim 2 different loot items from two other lines.

One loot from each line?
I think You can take 2 item from the same line, just not the same item twice.
e.g. in a theoretical situation: If You go on a LVL 2 adventure with Your LVL 3 dwarf, You CAN take one stone and one donkey.
(Not two stones, neither two donkeys)

Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horlaci wrote:
I think You can take 2 item from the same line, just not the same item twice.
e.g. in a theoretical situation: If You go on a LVL 2 adventure with Your LVL 3 dwarf, You CAN take one stone and one donkey.
(Not two stones, neither two donkeys)

Right?

Yes, this is correct. You can take more than one from each line as long as they are different items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.