Subject: Container for flying with game boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to buy a plastic container about the size of a standard board game box, which could both (1) fit in my carry-on luggage and (2) contain and protect several standard-size folded game boards.

Can anyone recommend a container like that?

Do you have an alternative solution that would protect games for air travel, without trying to stuff entire cardboard game boxes into a carry-on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rebecca
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I want to believe. -- FOX MULDER
badge
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. --DANA SCULLY
mbmbmbmbmb
jimshlif wrote:
I'd like to buy a plastic container about the size of a standard board game box, which could both (1) fit in my carry-on luggage and (2) contain and protect several standard-size folded game boards.

Can anyone recommend a container like that?

Do you have an alternative solution that would protect games for air travel, without trying to stuff entire cardboard game boxes into a carry-on?

I thought a search for a protective map case might turn up an answer... It did, sort of. But not super sure it's the best option for carry on:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't traveled in a while, but I think most airlines are getting fussy about having a number of carry-ons. Looked at American Airlines. Not sure exactly what their polcy is, but they listed a "standard' size for a carry-on as 22" long x 14" wide x 9" tall.

Something that looks like a rifle case will certainly attract attention.

So if you have multiple carry-ons, or a large size carry-on you might get nailed with extra fees. The extra fee stuff is where the airlines seem to be making money these days.

Toilet paper? Sure that will be $5 please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rebecca
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I want to believe. -- FOX MULDER
badge
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. --DANA SCULLY
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:

Something that looks like a rifle case will certainly attract attention.

My more realistic idea is to color photocopy and laminate at your local copy shop and put them in a tube. Then you won't worry, and super portable. ツ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
For future reference, the solution I found is this: go to the post office and take a Large priority mail cardboard box. It's free, its height and width will accommodate a standard board, it's tall enough that you could stack maybe a dozen boards in it, and it will fit into carry-on luggage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wuensche
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
Pelican cases don't necessarily mean a person is trying to carry a gun on board, and they do come in a variety of sizes and colors. Many also have fitted foam inserts that are perfect for components.

Just put some My Little Pony stickers on it an you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.