England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn1emuvFW4E

Please translate this song from German into English for me. I gather she's singing about Computer Nr 3, but quite what it does for her, baffles me.

A rough idea will do, I don't need a every single line. but that would be nice.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Computer #3
The computer is gonna find her the right guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you did say a rough idea was OK. Maybe Google isn't the best of translators...

France Gall The computer NR 3 The computer No. 3 looks for for me the correct Boy, and the love is guaranteed for both thereby. The computer knows exactly for each man the correct woman, and the luck falls at the moment from its card index. Because one of many millions, that waits for me somewhere. (Largely: einszwoundachtzig, collars: 39, shoe size: 46, stop!) The computer No. 3 looks for for me the correct Boy, and the love is guaranteed for both thereby. For a long time I was lonely, heut' am I fall in love, and only around it is like that, because it the technology and the science and electron brains gives. The computer No. 3 looks for for me the correct Boy, and the love is guaranteed for both thereby. The computer knows exactly, for each man the correct woman, and the luck falls at the moment from its card index. Because one of many millions, that waits for me somewhere (Alto: 22 years, black hair, by occupation representative, characteristic: Money such as hay) The computer No. 3 looks for for me the correct Boy, and the love is guaranteed for both thereby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Johan! That's brilliant. I can hear the song in my mind and I know which bits match up. It all makes sense to me. I liked the way the TV cut to people in the audience when the 'computer' was talking. They saw they were on camera and furtively glanced right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, thanks a lot Jon... angry

I haven't managed to stop thinking about this bl**dy song since you pointed it out to us. Maybe your real reason for asking was to share the pain?

(Seriously speaking it's not too bad, but it does stick like a very sticky thing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's great! Let's listen again! Der Komputer, Nummer Drei...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.