Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
There were (at least) two sets of rules for the game. Those in my set are dated 1987 and those posted on JeuxSoc are dated 1988. They have some differences; the second edition includes one of the optional rules from the first edition (allowing multiple deputies per player anywhere), but not the other (removing 12 of the Jacobin cards). It also removes the group solidarity rule.

I expect the answer is "no," but has anyone played both ways, and if so, which do you prefer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm having trouble immediately making sense of the rules you're describing. If they're optional rules I probably didn't try them... But my impression of the game overall was that it's probably broken, in the sense that it has a bunch of features that no one should use.

I'd be very interested to hear if you've had a different experience with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I haven't played the game yet.

The first edition rules say that each player can only have one deputy in the Committee, the Jacobin Club, or on the Tribunal. They also have a "group solidarity" rule: if one of your deputies is denounced and loses the die roll, if you have at least three deputies at the Convention you lose 3 PP instead of being sent to the Tribunal.

The first edition optional rules (on a separate sheet of paper) allow for players to have multiple deputies at the Committee, Jacobin Club, or Tribunal (but with a limit of four total deputies in each location). They also have you remove some Jacobin cards.

The second edition rules also allow multiple deputies per player at these locations but do not remove any cards (as far as I know). They also do not have the group solidarity rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.