Subject: Which OPTIONS are you mostly playing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

I would like to know which options are you usually playing, which are MUST have which are not played at all

Advance air strikes
Advanced Air search
CAP over Friendly forces
Rabaul
Extended Scenario
Returning air Strike
Airfield bombardment
Hit confirmation

Personally, I always play all of them but Hit confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Gaskill
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
Well, I've certainly tried them all, but here's my preferences:

ALWAYS USE/MUST HAVE:
Advanced air search
Returning air strikes
CAP over friendly forces

USUALLY USE:
Advanced air strikes
Extended scenario

RARELY or NEVER USE:
Airfield bombardment (shore bombardment)
Hit confirmation (this is "Fog of war," I assume?)
Rabaul

I still say that they should ALL continue to be options, not mandatory.

But the only reason *I* don't use them all is that I'm not a very good Admiral yet and in order for my games to last into the afternoon, I feel that I can't afford to give the Japanese any more advantage than they have without the last three options on my list. For the ultimate in historicity and realism, sure, they should all be used. I mean, Rabaul really existed, and those damn Bettys from Rabaul really did attack U.S. TFs. I just don't like it very much when they keep attacking *my* TFs.

Actually, maybe I don't like Fog of War as an available option at all. That one is a REAL killer. Just makes the game TOO difficult. I'm not sure I'll ever use it again after my one attempt.

(Of course, speaking of history and realism, I'm the same guy who wants user-defined scenarios, like a late 43 game where I can use every CV that's in the game, and maybe all the BBs too. . . .)

--Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lopo Metello
Switzerland
Denges
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Neko-San is here!
mbmbmbmbmb
During my games I played with:

ALWAYS :
Advanced air search
Returning air strikes
Advanced air strikes
Extended scenario

NEVER :
Airfield bombardment
Hit confirmation
Rabaul
CAP over friendly forces

Always trying to play Guadalcanal but IJN always wins with automatically victory and just don't see how to manage that, that's the reason I don't play with Airfield bombardment.
Hit confirmation is a part of fog of war so I don't need it... better to play with more realism in my opinion.
Rabaul? Another wave of terror, no thanks
CAP over friendly forces... I can barely defend my CV! Then I shall not disperse my forces... héhéhé because even with 8 of CAP in the sky, my CV is hit with some Kate that manage to fly through...
Tough game...

Best,
Lopo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.