Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let a Dodgers' fan give the winner's P.O.V., but the Phillies were no-hit for the first time since 1978.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=340525122

[Since that time, the Phillies have actually had 5 no-hitters of their own. Ah, better days.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hegg
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness we had tickets for the game yesterday...

One of my best Phillies experiences was taking my family (including two young boys) to the Kevin Millwood no-hitter in 2003. They are just now beginning to appreciate how rare those opportunities are. A common refrain in my house even today any time we see the Giants is "Remember when we saw the Giants? I forget, how many hits did Barry Bonds get?"

At the same game, an elderly gentleman and what I suppose was his 7 or 8 year old grandson got up to leave after the 7th inning. Violating all baseball superstition I asked him if he realized what was happening. He replied that he did, but that they wanted to beat the traffic across the bridge. I wonder if his grandson realizes that he could have seen Barry Bonds not get another hit.

Anyway, it is good to see that there are others who share my hobbies. A day at the ballpark is still fun, but I agree that the days of us making a run at the playoffs are probably behind us for a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the last couple of innings and the announcers were talking about how poorly the Phillies played - bad baserunning, failing to hit the cutoff, etc.

I'm guessing Sandberg had a chat after the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually more awful than that, Mike--the Phillies record is even worse than the Mets!

The Mets, BTW, as a team are hitting .140 with the bases loaded. They just managed to hit into 5 double plays in one nine inning game. Un-freaking-believable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Beckett! Always nice to see a veteran throw a no-no, especially with the up-and-down career he's had. He grew up not far from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a trying season here in Tampa, too, but at least we got to sweep the Red Sox and send them off with a 10 game losing streak intact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.