Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of Ed Roth and the Weirdo's art style so this game always jumped out at me. The game art is fantastic and a perfect homage to the style. I had read a couple of bad reviews and was a little on the fence about the game because I've been burned on good artwork in games before. Is this game all fumes or is it a V8 hemi gas guzzeling SOB?

The Good:

The art work is great and works well with the theme. It looks amazing on the table and the cards can be humorous as well. The game play is simple and fun to learn. As far as racing games HRC's is in a class of it's own. It takes away all tedious aspects of other racing games and adds a nice dose of player interaction. You'll have as much fun screwing over other players as you will zipping around the race track. I love quick games and this is the type of quick game that is so fun you'll play through many times if not just keep it out fir most of a game night. Very well designed and balanced, I believe the designer had a specific vision in mind and it came out flawlessly.

The Bad:

I just threw a lot of praise at the game, and with good reason but there are a few pot holes. For strategy fans there is a lot of mechanics that are so out of your control that it will frustrate some. Although the customization is great for some people, for others it might not work out as well. This brings me to another "issue" in that the set up time is kind of long for such a simple quick game. I could see some gamers absolutely hating this game for that very reason. If you are not a fan of some random events and a lot of player interaction than I would suggest to try before you buy. Overall onI love the artwork but I could understand someone seeing it all set up and having thoughts of it being a kids game. It's over the top and looks like a toy track so I could see someone perceiving it as such.

The Ugly:

All right, here goes... yes some of the track pieces fit like a fat guy in a doggy door. Everything about the ring of fire and ramps are true as is some of the pieces not fitting quite right. It's a little janky for sure. It's just odd that it was manufactured that way, it seems like that would of been tested way before full production began. It doesn't hurt the game play or anything, just kind of funny overall. To be fair I got the game at a fantastic discount so if I paid full price I might be more agitated over it.

I'm a huge fan and this one shoots into my top 5 favorites. It has a lot of what I look for in games. I love great art that fits a theme and a good dose of randomness that doesn't break the game. HRC's is a rarity in game design in that it ties in everything you'd expect from the game just by looking at it. I highly recommend HRC's for all gamers to try out and us hepcat cartoony types to add to our collection.

9/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really enjoy this game, easily crypto's best game. And the best racing board game I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.