Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anatoliy Yakimets
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Hello everybody,

i'm looking for a wargame with following requirements:
1) 4 players
2) As little random as possible (should be about planning)
3) High complexity is ok (We can afford to spend 3-5 hours playing a game and thinking our turns)
4) Can be both on strategic level and tactical
5) Preferably modern timeline (But not mandatory)

I know COIN series is a great option, but A Distant Plain is out of stock, so i'm waiting for the reprint.

There huge number of wargames, so i need your advice on this.

Many thanks in advance guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Virgin Queen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ablomis wrote:
Hello everybody,

I know COIN series is a great option, but A Distant Plain is out of stock, so i'm waiting for the reprint.

If you are patient, Fire in the Lake is due in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sullivan
United States
South Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Of course there is Case Blue but as that may be difficult to obtain more seriously there are other OCS titles such as Baltic Gap and The Blitzkrieg Legend: The Battle for France, 1940 and Guderian's Blitzkrieg II that are still available from online retailers or the publisher MMP directly. These (larger) games are well suited for team play and the complexity and planning elements are challenging to say the least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cincinnati Kid
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is ancient, but Succesors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmikesully wrote:
Of course there is Case Blue but as that may be difficult to obtain more seriously there are other OCS titles such as Baltic Gap and The Blitzkrieg Legend: The Battle for France, 1940 and Guderian's Blitzkrieg II that are still available from online retailers or the publisher MMP directly. These (larger) games are well suited for team play and the complexity and planning elements are challenging to say the least.

In 3-5 hours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Napoleon's Triumph may be what you are looking for. This game has complexity, can be played in teams of 2 v. 2, or 2 v. 3, really no random bits about it, is both strategic and tactical, not modern, but a whole lot of bang for the buck, and a whole lot of war to the game!

Cheers,

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyle
United States
Alfred
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure if it's exactly your style as it has *some* dice rolling for firepower and isn't as in depth as some others mentioned but Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition) is a fun game for up to 4 players. The 2nd edition has some really beautiful game boards and chits as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.