Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally posted this over at the Paizo forums, but it's been kind of quiet there, so I thought I'd share it here:

Having basically played through all the adventures I own with all the official characters, I was trying to put a party together for a custom play-through, and realised I was short on a divine character.
I've played Kyra before and found her ok, but think Seelah is the most dull of the printed characters, and wanted to go for something with a bit more flavour- abilities more obviously tied into the deity of choice.
After a bit of digging around on the internet, I came across the idea of a half-orc follower of Desna, and thought it seemed like fun. Here's my first attempt. I've tried to show benefits from using the starknife, along with a focus on luck and travel.

(I think the powers at the latter stage may be slightly over-powered, and have tried to balance them with the restriction on blessings of Lamashtu, not sure if this works).

I've also done a Claistrian Priestess - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15869662#15869662

I'd really appreciate people's thoughts on the characters.

Desnan Druid
Zeljka
Female Half-Orc
Strength 10 []+1 []+2 []+3
- melee +2
Dexterity 6 []+1 []+2
Constitution 68 []+1 []+2 []+3
Fortitude: +1
Intelligence 6 []+1
Wisdom 8 []+1 []+2 []+3 []+4
- Divine +3
Charisma 84 []+1 []+2

Proficient with weapons.
Hand size 5 []6

You automatically pass any checks required to move to or from a location.

You may include a Starknife in your initial deck. When using it for your combat check, add an additional d6 []+1 ([] you may also recharge the knife instead of discarding it.)

Weapon 2 []3 []4
Spell 4 []5 []6 []7
Armour 1 []2
Item 3 []4
Ally 2 []3
Blessing 3 []4 []5

Roles

Spherewalker
Hand size 5 []6 []7

You automatically pass any checks required to move to or from a location ([] and may move at the end of your turn.

When using a Starknife for your combat check, add an additional d6 []+1 []+3 []+5 ([] you may also recharge the knife instead of discarding it.)

You cannot play or Blessing of Lamashtu, nor have it played on your checks.

[] When you play a blessing of Desna, you may recharge ([] or shuffle it into your deck) instead of discarding it.

[]When you play a blessing to explore your location, you may recharge it instead place it on top of your deck.

[]If you would fail a check by 1 you may bury a card to succeed.

Favoured Follower

Hand size 5 []6 []7

You automatically pass any checks required to move to or from a location.

When using a Starknife for your combat check, add an additional d6 []+1 ([] you may also recharge the knife instead of discarding it.)

[]If you ([]or another character at your location) would fail a check by 1 ([]2) ([]3) you may bury a card to succeed.

You cannot play or Blessing of Lamashtu, nor have it played on your checks.

[] When you play a blessing of Desna, add D12 instead of the normal die

[] instead of your first explanation, you may recharge a Blessing of Desna to choose a player. Shuffle D4 ([]+1) ([]+2) random cards from their discard pile into their deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
I love the flavour! Desna is my favourite deity

The recharging blessing of Desna power for exploring is a bit redundant. The power immediately above already does something very similar to that.

Maybe change it to:

[]When you play a blessing to explore your location, you may put it on top of your deck instead of discarding it.

This would allow crazy exploring turn after turn, at the risk of not having blessings for the other important rolls

[] instead of your first explanation --> probably "exploration"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aurax wrote:
I love the flavour! Desna is my favourite deity

The recharging blessing of Desna power for exploring is a bit redundant. The power immediately above already does something very similar to that.

Maybe change it to:

[]When you play a blessing to explore your location, you may put it on top of your deck instead of discarding it.

This would allow crazy exploring turn after turn, at the risk of not having blessings for the other important rolls

[] instead of your first explanation --> probably "exploration"

Good points. Obviously the exploration/explanation typo will be changed.

I guess the power of the ability when using blessings to explore depends on how many blessings of Desna you manage to actually encounter- if you're still lumbered with Blessings of the gods, it's more useful.

On top instead offers an interesting alternative- particularly if trying to draw a much-needed weapon or similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat idea. I think the dice for her skills are a bit overpowered. Her charisma should be a d4 or nerf some other skills. Thematically I think a half orc would struggle to make friends

I think the bury to succeed power is really cool, butvi dont think it should go up to "fail a check by 3" Thats too good. Id also consider restricting the power to either non-combat checks only or combat checks only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken charisma down to D4, but that felt a bit week overall, so I've boosted constitution to 8 - it's still a net loss. I've also taken off the fail by 3 - turns out I'd mis-counted anyway, so I had one Power feat too many.

i'm going to try for now without the combat/non-combat limit on the "fail by 1" power, see whether it feels balanced in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.