Popular Tags: [View All]
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Calandale requested a thread where we could read about new product announcements. So herewith...

This thread is a place to put new product announcements. It is an adjunct to and not replacement for all the other channels on the site.

Kindly only post announcements/releases about new/upcoming games here. This includes periodicals, games, miniatures, scenarios, etc.

Discussions about the products themselves can be and should be separate threads. For example, there is a there is a special geeklist for Kickstarter campaigns specific to wargames - Wargames on Kickstarter.

The spirit of the thread is to have a place for those of us in the subdomain to have a centralized spot of our own to hear about new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pole

Winkleigh
Devon
msg tools
designer
Re: NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Roger,

Can I mention that "Napoleon's Greatest Gamble: The Invasion of Russia (1812)" [TIR] is about to be released by Europa; or, is my posting on the now defunct original incarnation of this thread my one and only permitted shot, please?

Regards,

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pole

Winkleigh
Devon
msg tools
designer
Roger,

Many thanks for the e-mail.

All,

I'm currently proof reading the final version of the Rules, Player Aids, etc for "Napoleon's Greatest Gamble: The Invasion of Russia (1812)" [TIR]. The game, which is being published by Europa, is due to go to the printer's next week. I understand that the final date for pre-orders is 15th June and that it is anticipated that shipping should commence towards the end of the month.

The project has taken about 18 months to get to this stage. It depicts the entire campaign and was born, in part, out of a desire to design a mechanic to replicate simultaneous movement which is (a) simple and (b) does not involve any off-board record-keeping.

For me this was important because, no matter how brilliant the research or how clever in other respects, a game at this scale which allows (say) three divisions to march 100 miles to attack a single enemy division in the sure and certain knowledge that it wont move or receive reinforcements in the meantime can't really be said to replicate the choices/problems facing a commander.

(I say "at this scale" because I don't think that an attempt to replicate simultaneous movement is so important in (pre C20) tactical-level games. The distance between opposing formations was usually so short that the limited options available to the "receiving" defending unit(s) can generally be accommodated satisfactorily within the combat system.)

Full details of TIR can be found on the Europa website; and, a (slightly out of date) example of the "quasi-simultaneous" mechanic which we came up with is at post 114 on the CSW site for TIR.

The links to these sites can be found below:

Simultaneous Movement by Stephen Pole - 24 Mar 2013 (#114 Total: 446)

http://italianwars.net/

I hope that's ok.

Regards,

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, please stop posting with the date. E.g.

Steve

It makes it look like you died, and this surely creeps me out.

Anyone who can read and comprehend your post is likely to know the date, or at least ask someone who knows.

And for what it is worth: I preordered a copy and I eagerly await its arrival.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
bentlarsen wrote:
Steve, please stop posting with the date. E.g.

Steve

It makes it look like you died, and this surely creeps me out.

Anyone who can read and comprehend your post is likely to know the date, or at least ask someone who knows.

And for what it is worth: I preordered a copy and I eagerly await its arrival.

goo

Severus, the numbers identify the ideal "formula" for a nitrogen-rich lawn fertilizer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
To get the thread back on track and follow the spirit of the thing, I saw over on the Holdfast: Russia 1941-42 forum that the next game in the series is going to be Holdfast: Bulge 1944. I think they are looking at a December launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve drew my attention to this thread - thanks Steve.

We're now in final blind playtesting for Toulon, 1793 which is now closing in on its pre-order numbers and will be published by Legion Wargames, hopefully later this year.

Its and area movement game and, to the best of my knowledge, is the first wargame on this important event in Napoleon's career.

Below is and early playtest image.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
To get the thread back on track and follow the spirit of the thing, I saw over on the Holdfast: Russia 1941-42 forum that the next game in the series is going to be Holdfast: Bulge 1944. I think they are looking at a December launch.

Wait! There's a WW2 Eastern Front block game coming out?! What a novel idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks ask me about it all the time. If you haven't heard, Hands in the Sea -- Deck Building game on the 1st Punic War, that I have play tested and created a Vassal module for, and talk about all the time (cuz it's just that fun) -- got picked up by Knight Works and I believe they are looking at doing something at the end of the year. The designer will be at BGG Con showing the game off.

And so you know my love of the game is sincere, I don't make any money off it and I never met the designer in person. I just play test his game, lose all the time, and have a blast doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
SteelVictory wrote:
Photos emerged yesterday from CSWExpo of a 2-map ACW game to be published by GMT, designed by Mark Simonitch.

From GMT CSW page:
Quote:
Gene Billingsley - May 29, 2014 4:19 pm
Guys,

That map is a blown up version for the convention. We'll give you tons of details when this hits P500 later this year, but for now:

2 maps

Started as a new version of VGs Civil War but Mark essentially redesigned it

Still, it retains scale and IMO elegance of the VG game. Mark had Eric's approval to do a redesign but it still feels a lot like the VG classic.

Mark has streamlined game systems and added a bunch of map detail.

Likely to P500 by September or so

that's it for now.

Gene

(pics at CSWExpo Facebook page.)

That should take about 5 minutes to hit 500 orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb

I think the most exciting thing I have heard in quite some time was today I received an e-mail from MMP that ASLSK#1 is coming back into print!

That is one of the best things I have heard! I already own a copy but I can gauranty I will buy a couple extra copies for those who want to dip their toes into the system (just as I did!) without taking the full plunge (as I eventually did!).

I have never understood why MMP doesn't keep all three SK's in print at all times; look at what is asked (and gotten!) for them on e-bay! If they are the same price (or a bit higher) as on their website ($25 USD) then that would sell (I would suspect) thousands.

Maybe I see a desire for this that isn't there; but I think the response would be overwhelming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteelVictory wrote:
mcszarka wrote:
That should take about 5 minutes to hit 500 orders.

Obviously they need to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Obviously they need to shut up and take my money!'

We'll see...I wasn't overly impressed with the original so Mark will truly need to have outdone himself to make me replace For the People with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I am currently enjoying the original a lot, therefore I can't wait to see Mark's approach on the P500 and read more about it. However, unless there are substantial changes to the game (which I guess there will be) I am not sure if it is worth investing my money into, as the VG game is good enough to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
"Obviously they need to shut up and take my money!'

We'll see...I wasn't overly impressed with the original so Mark will truly need to have outdone himself to make me replace For the People with this.

I really enjoy For The People and honestly I own the original VG game, but I'm really curious to see what happens here. I've liked what little I've seen from The Civil War, so it seems like a good starting point for a heavier, non CDG take on the ACW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D T P
United States
Pikeville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP is beginning production of The Mighty Endeavor Expanded (2nd) Edition. It has just been confirmed on CSW that shipping could begin before the end of June.

Last chance to get your preorders in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worthington is selling New York 1776 on their website. It is the same cost and has all of the Kickstarter goodies as those who funded the campaign (please, no commentary on the fairness/unfairness of that -- go discuss it on the forum and keep this thread topical).

$55 gets you free U.S. shipping, the accompanying book, tactics and terrain blocks and alternate stickers. If you want to sticker those alternates, you can buy a spare set of blocks for $10.

This should be a legal and righteous post since this is no longer a KS campaign.

Here is the link to the game on their site:

http://worthingtonpublishing.com/?product=new-york-1776
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Cooper
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The commitment from MMP is a major dispute, internally, within the ASL Collective. The purists do not like the idea of dumbing down the system. The company would have made more money by keeping the starter kits in print, but then the hardcore grognards would be pissed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeseph McCarthy
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New products, yes?

Well then, I shall shamelessly take advantage of this threat and announce the first module of the Warbirds series of Air Combat Boardgames.

Canvas Falcons is a boardgame for Air Combat during the Great War (1914-1918). Canvas Falcons covers Air to Air combat, balloons, and Air to Ground. It is the most accurate boardgame simulation of aerial warfare currently in existence.

Although Clash of Arms games has stated that they will publish it at some future date, it is currently available for download from the Warbirds website.

http://warbirdsgs.com/Home.html

Please visit the site and take a good look around.

You will probably like what you see. It is fun, competitive, and highly skill driven.

Switch On!

Mogadeet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sven
msg tools
New products? Shameless promotion then

I've created an App (iOS only at the moment) specifically for tabletop WW2 players based around Flames of War and Bolt Action. It's main purpose is to bring some much needed audio atmosphere to tabletop WW2 games but it's also useful for adding contextual atmosphere to battle report videos.

You can have a look at the App here: http://apps.rustgirl.com

And or buy it here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ww2-wargaming-soundboard/id8...

And if anyone feels like providing a review that would be great too!

At the moment, it's barely pushing 10 sales and my only hope is that it at least covers the cost of the Apple Developer licence. If it does, then I'll update with more sounds and also build a Fantasy and SciFi version.

Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
http://www.ventonuovo.net/1914_9.html

Free PnP for HP printer owners. (I'm not quite sure how that works)

WWI area movement game from Italy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
The first issue of War Diary is apparently out. I hadn't seen this discussed here (not just this thread, but anywhere) so I've added their magazine to the Game Magazines Wiki:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Game_Magazines

and created a page for them:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/War_Diary#

I kind of like that I haven't seen this discussed, if it means they are doing instead of talking. Anyway, their list of contributors is impressive and their website, though modest, lists an ambitious looking first issue which has apparently been released. I've subscribed and am looking forward to this. For what it is worth, I have absolutely no connection to these guys or this product whatsoever. Just like the idea of an old fashioned wargaming magazine and hope this does well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the new Ares is about to ship as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Dorosh wrote:
The first issue of War Diary is apparently out. I hadn't seen this discussed here (not just this thread, but anywhere) so I've added their magazine to the Game Magazines Wiki:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Game_Magazines

and created a page for them:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/War_Diary#

I kind of like that I haven't seen this discussed, if it means they are doing instead of talking. Anyway, their list of contributors is impressive and their website, though modest, lists an ambitious looking first issue which has apparently been released. I've subscribed and am looking forward to this. For what it is worth, I have absolutely no connection to these guys or this product whatsoever. Just like the idea of an old fashioned wargaming magazine and hope this does well.

Unlike Michael, I must declare and interest in that I have an item in the first issue. That said I do think it is a great magazine and great VFM. Got to meet the editor, Roy, at CSW Expo last week; a very modest, undertated and genuine guy, with a real passion for the hobby.

Thanks for the post and the links Michael.

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Kickstarters allowed?

GMT/Playdek launched the campaign for a digital Twilight Struggle today:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559431060/twilight-stru...

It includes a special "What If?" mini-expansion for both digital and physical versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.