Popular Tags: [View All]
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
15.2 Winter 42 : German units suffer from severe limitations in Soviet Union. Are Romanian Units immune to cold ?
In Stalin's War and The Dark Valley (from same Designer), all Axis units suffer from first winter in Russia.

Cards #1Barbarossa/#25Stuka : +1 DRM for all German (or GE) attacks...I think attack with only Romanian Units can't benefit from this positive DRM but what about an attack including German and Romanian Units ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some interesting points you make. I have never noticed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the real war, romanians at Stalingrad were not inmune to cold. I think like in almost all games in the eastern front German and Axis are the same word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but he brings up the Stuka card as well. Can the Romanians use that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now learning Stalin's War (from same designer and, while playable on hexes rather on point-to-point, it shares a lot with BtB) and Luftwaffe Support gives a bonus for attacks involving German Units.

When in doubt, I'm always applying strictly wording of rules. So, until now, I have never given GE bonus to Axis (Romanian only or Romanian/German) attacks...and I have never noticed until now that Winter 42 rules seem to apply only for Germans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a tough call from a literal interpretation. The common understanding would be that the stukas would need some Germans and the winter would apply to the Romanians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It seems reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.