Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Components
110 animal cards (it has 'Men' as one of the, er, animals) and a Rulebook in a tin box.

Gameplay
- choose: you want to compare average length, weight or age of the animals this time
- shuffle all the cards and deals 4 to each Player (data face down).
- determine who will become the first player then take the top card from the deck, flip it to show the data, this is the first card in the cardline.
- each turn, the Player must choose one of his/her card, and decide where to put that card on the card line. The card line shows the chosen data from the smallest to the largest number (for length / weight / age). If you are correct, that means you have one less card. If you are wrong you must take the top card from the deck and add it to yours (remember: data face down). Then it's the next Player's turn.
- the first player who play his/her last card correctly wins.

That's it! The whole game is about guessing "Hmmm... this lion is heavier or lighter than the tiger?". Be prepared to be surprised many times: "really? this animal is that heavy/old/long?" kind of surprise. It's an easy and entertaining game.

Pluses:
- This game is very easy to teach, means you can play with the whole family quickly.
- Playing while learning, a great combination! If your kids love animals (and who don't?), they will love this game.
- There are other games in the Cardline series, for me this has the best topic: comparing the animals! And the cards have 3 stats that really adds the replayability.
- The cards have beautiful pictures. Beauteeefulll!! See it yourself below. You can even use the beautiful cards as story cards or to learn animals with your kids.

(picture uploaded by SPQR1)

Minuses:
- Too bad, there are some data error in the cards. There are 4 cards with error (Ferret, Fawn, Peacock, Black Ant Queen/Queen Bee) in the older edition, and I think only one card with error in the newest version (I have this version, Amsodee says it's only the Ferret that has an error). For me, it's ok, I just remove the Ferret and I still have 109 cards to play.
- We use metric system here and the cards use lbs and inch, but the game still playable easily.
- I wish the text for the data is bigger, so it will be easier to read for younger kids. When we play with 5 players, it's not that easy to read the cards with the crowded players circling them.

And a big applaus for the Publisher (Asmodee) who replay my email quickly and they promise to send replacement cards. My version has only 1 card with error (the Ferret), so I don't think it will worth the shipping cost.

Conclusion
If you have kids, this is a must have game. As a family game I give this game

JackD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McGinnes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JackDarwid wrote:
it has 'Men' as one of the, er, animals

I am yet to see any compelling evidence that we aren't.

Otherwise, a great review!
And I hear you on the outdated imperial measurements, it would be nice to see a metric version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackKite wrote:
JackDarwid wrote:
it has 'Men' as one of the, er, animals

I am yet to see any compelling evidence that we aren't.
Yeah, but it's not easy to explain to my kids about that laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JackDarwid wrote:
Components

And a big applaus for the Publisher (Asmodee) who replay my email quickly and they promise to send replacement cards.
JackD
Unless you have more luck than me, they're lying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.