Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Spencer
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
On page 14 in the rule book it states that a fleet, agent or group of complexes can only be used once per phase to attack.

Does the group of complexes in the above statement pertain to industrial attacks?

If so, let me paint this picture. Let's say I have two hex's with three industrial squares in each. These hex's are adjacent to one another. I use hex 1 to attack/assault my opponents military complex using the three industry adjacent to the hex with his military. I draw three power from the other hex as well for a total of 6.

If the rule above relates to industrial complexes, does this mean that I could not then ,on my second action for that phase, use the same original hex to assault another opponent or complex. Also, what about the hex that was adjacent to my original hex, the one that I drew 3 additional power from. Is this hex also frozen out of doing an assault with the second action as it was involved in the previous conflict.

It's easy to see how it works with fleets and agents but after playing the game with my group this is one of the things we came away unsure about. Hope my above description was clear to those that know the game and it's rules more than I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions.

Hex 1 that you first attacked with cannot be used to launch a second attack in the same phase. However, hex 2 could launch a second attack still, even if it was used to support and lend power to hex 1's attack. Hex 1 would likewise still be able to lend power to support hex 2's attack, even if it already launched an attack earlier in the phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Spencer
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks so much Oliver, this situation came up in Joel Eddy's excellent video run thru. According to this explanation I believe he played it right in the video after all. Sorry Joel, as I stated it was one of the few questions I left the table with after my initial play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omni Pyrmaeus
United States
Socorro
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also note that, in the parlance of the game rules, the term "complexes" always refers to industrial. Similarly, "outposts" implies military and "embassies" implies political.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.