Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
So if I want to start over should I separate the cards from the different expansions or I can play with all of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your game, do with it what the heck you like. However, the rules state that you should only add each Adventure Pack as you complete the preceding one in the sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should separate them.
Otherwise, you will have problems facing too powerful monsters and/or acquiring too powerful stuff for the level of scenarios you will be facing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
You should separate them.
Otherwise, you will have problems facing too powerful monsters and/or acquiring too powerful stuff for the level of scenarios you will be facing.
depends a bit where the OP is restarting from. I don't think AP1 is insurmountably difficult with base characters and even AP2 may be doable once you gear up a bit. But I'm basing my comments on my experience soloing with single characters, I'm aware that the experience is somewhat different with large parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to separate the card once. But running multiple groups it's kind of a hassle. The way I do it is I create the location decks with all the cards from all the expansions, and if I explore a card that's from a higher adventure pack I put it back in the box and start to draw a random new one from the box until I find one that is from one of the packs I'm currently on or lower.

Running multiple groups at the same time is a little bit more complicated when you have to put cards out of the game completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:
Tried to separate the card once. But running multiple groups it's kind of a hassle. The way I do it is I create the location decks with all the cards from all the expansions, and if I explore a card that's from a higher adventure pack I put it back in the box and start to draw a random new one from the box until I find one that is from one of the packs I'm currently on or lower.

Running multiple groups at the same time is a little bit more complicated when you have to put cards out of the game completely.
I agree with this wholeheartedly! The system works well for a single 'campaign', but once you get multiples going it turns into a right mess.

I had thought of creating a bunch of placeholder cards to use in creating Location Decks, each one would only give the Type of card (Villain, Monster, Spell, etc.) and then I'd draw from the box until I got a card of the appropriate level. Unfortunately, this doesn't deal with permanently Banished cards very well, so I haven't implemented it. Which leaves me still stripping the decks between runs in each campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Eiriken wrote:

I agree with this wholeheartedly! The system works well for a single 'campaign', but once you get multiples going it turns into a right mess.

I had thought of creating a bunch of placeholder cards to use in creating Location Decks, each one would only give the Type of card (Villain, Monster, Spell, etc.) and then I'd draw from the box until I got a card of the appropriate level. Unfortunately, this doesn't deal with permanently Banished cards very well, so I haven't implemented it. Which leaves me still stripping the decks between runs in each campaign.

You should check out this thread:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2r06e?quick-and-dirty-approach-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Eiriken wrote:

You should check out this thread:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2r06e?quick-and-dirty-approach-t...
Looks interesting, but if I have a group on AP1 and a group on AP5 I am going to be redrawing a lot of cards in game (for both groups)

Interestingly, using my placeholder card idea you could actually put the replacement card into the deck, then you'd never accidently 'double replace' or have a need to remember which cards had been replaced already. Of course now that requires sleeving the placeholders and (as a minimum) the cards you put in as replacements. But the replacement could go in the sleeve of the placeholder I suppose. Hmmm... I wonder what the maximum number of placeholder cards I would need of each type is?

I'd probably permanently sleeve the Henchmen and Villains and not use placeholders for these cards (keeps some of the drama of the big reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.